Chapter 42: A Day Of Planning The Big Time Wedding

Beginne am Anfang

"I think it's nice." Chris mentions. "When I get married, maybe Kelly will get a professional designer to make my dress."

"You're not getting married before you're thirty!" Will retorts.

"Dad, I'm twenty seven!" Chris argues.

"Don't care!" Will says before returning his attention to Jenna.

"We're gonna have a beautiful wedding." Jenna smiles, giving James a kiss.

"Hey, Jo! It's Jenna! Listen, I'm just calling to ask if you could visit LA in June and be a bridesmaid in my wedding. James and I got engaged last month!Call me back when you have time! Bye!"

Jo looks at her cell phone in surprise. Jenna is getting married? Jo is shocked, but she's really happy for her friend. She just wonders why no one called her and told her about it. Camille didn't even bother calling. It seems like everyone has started forgetting about her since she moved to New Zealand. She never knows what's going on with her friends anymore because they never call her. She feels hurt that no one told her that James and Jenna are engaged. How long have they been engaged? Why didn't anyone tell her?

She frowns as she dials Jenna's number, waiting for her to pick up. When Jo checked her Facebook, she saw that Jenna was staying at her parents house with James. She's probably visiting with her family right now. Ugh, Jo is so frustrated with these people. They were all best friends and now that Jo is no longer in LA, they don't seem to think that she should know anything.

Just as she's about to hang up, Jenna answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Jo!"

"Hey! Did you get my message?"

"Sure did." Jo says through a smile.

"What do you think? Wanna be one of my bridesmaids?"

"What day is it?"

"June 14th."

"Let me check my calendar." Jo says as she flips through the calendar on her wall. "Um, yeah, I can make it!"

"Just tell me your dress size, so I can get your bridesmaid dress ready."

"Five." Jo tells her.

"Alright, thanks for calling."

After Jenna has hung up, Jo sits down on her bed. She just doesn't understand what is happening to her friendships. She loves her friends, but they don't seem to think of her as being very important anymore. She has always had a good relationship with them, but now it just seems like she has completely faded from their memory. Sometimes, she wishes that she had never accepted this role, but it's far too late to change her mind. She just wants to go back to LA and be with her friends, but she can't. Of course, she will get to see them at the wedding.

"Hey, Steph! It's Jenna! I just wanted to announce that James and I got engaged last month and that we want you to be one of my bridesmaids. I'm assuming that you will be out of school by then, so you could come to LA for the wedding. Call me back when you can! Bye!"

Okay, Stephanie hates when people keep stuff from her. She had no idea that one of her friends was getting married! And she's really hurt that no one told her. Aren't friends suppose to tell each other stuff like this? If she had known, she would have sent them an engagement present, but she couldn't because she wasn't aware that they are getting married.

She frowns at her cell phone, not knowing what she should do. She's happy for James and Jenna, flattered that they want her to be a bridesmaid, and hurt that she didn't know about this. Should she call Jenna back? Or just leave her alone?

After a few minutes of thinking about, Stephanie decides to call her back.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Stephanie! Congratulations on your engagement!"

"Thanks! I'm assuming that you got my message."

"Yeah, I did." Stephanie smiles. "I would love to be a bridesmaid."

"Awesome! What is your dress size?"

"Seven."

"Thanks for letting me know! Bye!"

Stephanie mumbles under her breath, sitting her phone on her bedside table. She's going to ignore her feelings of hurt because, although she didn't know about the engagement for a whole month, Jenna was nice enough to invite her to be a part of the big day. She isn't going to act like a jerk when her friend is getting married. She's still irritated, though.

"I booked the Mountain Gate Country Club for the ceremony and reception." Ms Knight says after she has hung up the phone. For the past month, James and Jenna have been trying to decide where they want to have the wedding. They wanted something pretty, where they can be surrounded by nature. They want something classy, but not flashy. Camille gave them the idea of having it at a country club and everyone thought that sounded like a good idea, so Logan researched Los Angeles country clubs on Google and found Mountain Gate. They explored the website and decided that it was perfect. Ms Knight stayed on the phone with them for almost third minutes.

"Do James and Jenna want a wedding breakfast?" Lucy asks her. While the boys are at the pool, Ms Knight and the girls stayed in the apartment to discuss some wedding plans. Then they're gonna talk to James and Jenna, of course. Katie suggested having the ceremony at four, which everyone else seems to agree with. Jenna made a copy of that wedding checklist that she found, so Ms Knight could use it when needed.

"Okay, six months before the wedding..." Lacey murmurs, looking at the checklist. "A date has been set, a time has been scheduled, they have a budget, the ceremony and reception location has been reserved, we're still working on the guest list, and Kelly is the official wedding consultant. Yeah, we're right on schedule!"

"Good!" Ms Knight says in relief. "Hey, how many guests do they want?"

"I think they said one hundred." Gabriella says.

"Right!" Ms Knight says, as if she just remembered.

The door opens and the bride to be/groom to be walk into the apartment, hand in hand.

"Hey, how is everything going?" James says, kissing Jenna before walking to the kitchen.

"I reserved Mountain Gate Country Club!" Ms Knight calls out before looking at Jenna. "That is what you wanted, right?"

"Perfect." Jenna smiles.

"Dude, what are you listening to?" Jett asks Kendall, nearly choking on his laughter. Yeah, Kendall would really like to choke him. Jett was always flirting with Jo when she was on New Town High and he was always making comments about being better looking that Kendall. That's why Kendall is not a big Jett Stetson fan. He's more self absorbed that James ever was. He cares more about himself than anyone else and it makes Kendall sick to his stomach. He doesn't understand why James and Jenna are inviting Jett to the wedding.

"This is the song that James and Jenna are gonna play at their wedding." He says, trying to stay calm. He really wants to beat the guy into a pulp, but he's trying to have more self control.

"Isn't that what the Bridal March is for?"

"This song is gonna played at the end of the ceremony, Jett." Kendall says coolly.

"Whatever." Jett says, sitting in the lawn chair next to Kendall. "If I were them, I would play some Justin Timberlake. Or Justin Bieber! Hey, what about Britney Spears! Or just make a medley of songs!"

"Dude, this is a classy wedding." Kendall says, taking a deep breath.

"Jett, stop being an idiot." Brunette Jennifer says, grabbing him by his shirt. She drags him away, leaving Kendall with a feeling of relief. Jennifer Mason may be a spoiled brat, but she can be quite useful. You know, when she actually tries to be. Other times, she's one of the most annoying people that you will ever meet.

"Have fun!" He says with a chuckle.