Sacrifice {EXO SEHUN}

Start from the beginning

——————————————

Sehun was sitting at his office desk when he suddenly felt a burning sensation in his heart, followed by waves of nausea. He clutched onto his desk for support.

The nausea overtook him and he felt himself crash onto the floor, the world spinning into a darkened abyss.

——————————————

The plate Eun Hee held crashed to the floor. Her eyelid had been twitching abnormally and she seemed more careless that before. First was the cup, now the plate. Her gut told her there was something really serious but she brushed it off as common cold.

She decided to retire to her room to rest for a while. She lay down on her bed and drifted off dreamland.

——————————————

"Mr Oh, I'm sorry to inform you, but we have discovered an abnormal hole in your heart. And in order to live, you'll need a heart transplant. We'll call you once we find a suitable donor. Here's the result slip of your hospital examination. Please take it home and bring it the next time you come for a check up." the doctor spoke, explaining the severity of the situation to the motionless man in front of him.

——————————————

It was already late evening when Sehun came back. Eun Hee jumped up in shock. She had been sleeping for more than half a day.

She heard a bedroom door slam shut. There were no noises in the house. Just pure silence.

I'll guess I'll be eating alone as usual.

After her meal, Eun Hee retired to her room. Laying on her bed, she thought about how awfully cold Sehun was today. Usually, he had some snappy remarks to say to her. Sehun's room was silent.

What happened to him?

——————————————

The next day, Eun Hee was up and about to clean the house.

First stop - Sehun's room.

Carefully, she creaked the door open. The room smelled of Sehun's cologne, sweet and strong, but not too over the edge.

She started from the bed, fluffing the pillow and folding the blankets. Then, she took the mop and started cleaning the floor. Just as she passed by Sehun's desk, she noticed an unfamiliar brown envelope.

Is he going to divorce me? Are those the divorce papers?

Millions of thoughts ran through her mind. Curiosity got the better of her and she picked up the envelope before carefully drawing out the contents.

She carefully scrutinized what was written on it, a gasp caught in her throat and tears threatening to spill over the edge of her eyes.

The paper was put back into the envelope.

She made a hasty decision, before dashing out of her room, collecting her things and sprinting out of the front door, tears streaming down the sides of her cheeks.

But I still love him...

——————————————

The slim figure of a woman was walking through the hospital corridors. When she found the room she wanted, she knocked thrice before entering.

"Are you Doctor Han?"

The man in the immaculate white coat nodded. He gestured for her to take a seat.