[Chapter Nineteen] Addison

Start from the beginning

He was spooked at first and then he calmed down the closer I got. I held out my hands in a surrender gesture and stopped a few feet away. He looked at me and I put out a hand for him and he came forward.

The more I pet him the calmer he got. He was huge so I stepped up to him, my shoulder went right where his neck was and I wrapped me arms around him in an awkward way. He was such a sweet heart; I wish everyone could see what I saw in him.

I stepped back and led him near the barn. I turned the water on and grabbed some soap to wash him. He freaked out a bit at first but I got water on me to show that it was okay and then I sprayed him down. I took my brace off to rub the soap into him and he neighed in a good way which made me laugh.

I rinsed him and then soaped him up again; he was filthy and now so was I. When I was done he neighed and trotted around happy that he was cleaned while I put everything away and rinsed myself off too before putting my brace back on.

I walked over to him with a smile on my face. He smelt like wet horse but he was just too adorable right now. I sat in the middle of the field to watch him and when he finally came over to me I stood up. He was trotting from across the field to me and he threw his head back and neighed again.

"Addie!" I turned to see Uncle Ethan and waved

He, Liam, Asher and Liam's dad were jumping over the fence running over to me and I looked at them confused.

What were they so freaked out about right now?

I turned my head when I felt Connelly next to me and he neighed and moved in front of me. He stood on his hind legs and kicked his front ones forward when they got closer. They all backed up and Asher went running back.

It all went so fast.

Asher came back with something and they were trying to subdue Connelly. I was freaking out and moving my hands trying to tell them to stop, they were hurting him!

"Go get some other guys." Uncle Ethan yelled and Asher took off again.

I was crying and no one was paying attention

"Addie's hurt, she's crying" Liam pointed out and I shook my head. No one was listening to me! I wasn't hurt and they were hurting him!

I ran towards where they were being pushed back and Liam grabbed me as I got closer and Connelly flipped out. He bucked and tried to move away and closer to me and I tried to get to him. I was shaking my head and pulling away but Liam held strong.

More guys came back with Asher and I was bawling by now. He wasn't hurting me and they needed to know that. I was freaking out on what to do

"Stop! Leave him alone!" I yelled as loud as I could and everyone froze. Liam let me go shocked, Uncle Ethan and Liam's dad froze and Connelly got loose, Asher and everyone else froze as they were running.

 I ran over to Connelly and he came towards me so I could wrap my arms around his neck in our awkwardly perfect hug.

I cried as I held onto him.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me back again and they just didn't listen. They pulled Connelly away from me too and he freaked out again. He knocked someone over and I pulled free again. He stepped between me and everyone else again.

He was just trying to protect me like he did with Jack.

"Addison, step away from him slowly." Uncle Ethan told me and I shook my head, I pet his side to keep him calm and I kept shaking my head.

"Addie, he's dangerous get away from him." Liam said and I rolled my eyes, they were being stupid. They saw me hugging him, how can they think he's dangerous.

"He's not dangerous, he's trying to protect me." I told them and they all looked at me again with wide eyes.

"He just hurt someone."

"You scared me and him, you pulled me away and wouldn't let me go, he's trying to protect me, he's not hurting me!" I said louder

They all looked at us and Uncle Ethan, who was on the side stepped towards me and Connelly moved to the side to put himself between us. Liam did the same and Connelly shifted. He moved back slowly pushing me away from them again.

"It's okay boy" I pet him some more "They won't hurt me either" I said over and over. I felt him relaxing and I moved forward and kissed the side of his face. He lowered his head onto me and I smiled.

"I liked the name Connelly, how about it boy, do you like that name?" I asked him and he neighed which made me laugh again, I forgot all about everyone else around me "Connelly." I said again and he neighed back again.

"What the hell?" Asher asked and I looked at him

"What?" I asked. I mean I knew it was a surprise to see me with Connelly, but they were looking at me like I was insane.

And then it occurred to that I was talking to them, not signing, but talking.