Chapter Five

Don’t hate me yeah? I’m sorry it took me so long to update, but school. I’m going to try to update more, but we’ll see how that goes. Hope you enjoy it! Let me know it you like it :)

                                              *Chapter Five*

I woke up the next day to my mom yelling at me.

"Em, get down here!" 

I grumbled and pushed the blankets off of me, shivering in the cool air. I groaned and threw a sweat shirt on, pulling my hair into a ponytail as I clopped down the stairs.

"Yes?" I mumbled, eyes still have shut.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Michael laughed from one of the kitchen stools.

"Morning boys," I yawned walking over to the coffee pot. Yeah, I might live in England now, but I was born and bred in The U. S. of A..

"Emmaline, I’m taking Liz grocery shopping. Dad and Kat are at work and Ryan took Mallory out for the day, so you’re in charge of these boys," Mom told me as she gathered her purse and keys.

"Oh great," I joked rolling my eyes, jokingly. 

"Bye," Mom said, kissing my cheek as her and Liz ran out the door. 

"Pancakes?" I smiled at the boys. 

"Oh my God yes," Michael exclaimed, 

"Food is good," Calum agreed. 

"Okay, but if I’m cooking, you’re helping," I said. "Actually, Luke and Ashton are helping. I don’t know if I feel safe about the two of you doing it," I directed to Michael and Calum.

"Good, because I didn’t want to," Michael said, sliding down his chair a little more and getting comfortable. 

"Hey! I wouldn’t mess it up," Calum defended himself. 

"Okay you cry baby, come help."

The pancakes were made in under half an hour, which was a surprise to me. The boys quickly sat down at the table as I finished bringing in plates and forks. I sat down, giving them a quizzical look.

"What?" I asked, feeling weird with their stares glues to me.

"You get first pick," Ashton said.

"Yeah, we took all of you’re food last time," Luke said looking at me guilty.

I smiled, quickly grabbing the two pancakes off the stack. “Dig in,” I smiled. And trust me, they happily did. 

It was nice to just spend time with them and get to know them. I mean, really get to know them; not just what I saw online and heard through the grapevine. Not that they were, any different. In fact, they were even better. 

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked, once everything had been washed and put away. 

The boys nodded and moved into the movie den, flopping down on the couches as I threw in Transformers. I threw myself down onto the couch next to, Luke and Calum. Luke smiled at me and I smiled back. An arm wrapped around my shoulders. I looked towards Luke, but it wasn’t him. Calum pulled me into his side, his arm wrapped securely around my waist. I felt the heat rise up on my cheeks. I smiled a little, my heart beating rapidly. 

What was happening? I didn’t have a crush on Calum did I? I couldn’t! Yeah, they were all attractive and sweet, but I had always like Luke the best and I though last night proved that. But, maybe something had changed. 

I snuggled into Calum, resting my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back shyly, looking back at the T.V. screen. I had only known these boys for a day, what the heck were my emotions doing?