Forget The Horror Here: Chapter 27- No More Kid Stuff

I pulled the blanket up around my neck and snuggled further in the warmth. I stretched up and placed a single, soft kiss on Daryl's cheek. His arms tightened around me and he sighed, his warm breath hitting the top of my head. Lots of stuff was going through my head, like, 'Holy fuck, I don't want to get up.', 'Daryl said he loved me and I told him I loved him back.', and 'Oh God, the kids.'. I looked up at Daryl as I shifted my arms slightly. My small movement must have woken him up. His blue eyes fluttered open and he squinted at the little light in the room.

            "Hi." I whispered softly. He looked down at me and smiled sleepily.

            "Good morning." He breathed. "The kids are probably awake by now." He kissed the top of my head. "Unfortunately." I rolled onto my back and stretched my arms upward, my elbows popping loudly. I sat up, pulling the blanket up to cover my naked body. I hung my feet over the edge, letting my bare feet touch the wooden ground. Daryl leaned over and kissed my shoulder before getting up and pulling on his boxers. I looked back as I let the blanket drop, tugging up my underwear and clasping my bra. I blushed.

            "I'm sorry about the scratches on your neck." I apologize. "I didn't mean to." He turned around as he buttoned his jeans.

     "Don't apologize." He tossed me my shirt. "That was my fault." I pulled my shirt over my face to hide my blushing cheeks. I yanked my capris over my hips, fastening them. He walked around the bed and took my face in his large hands and looked me in the eyes. "I should've been more gentle, but, I love you so much." He kissed me softly, more heartfelt then anyone ever had.

            "I love you, too." I muttered against his lips.

            "Eww. Get a room." Sophia's voice rang. I looked up over Daryl's shoulder to see her leaning against the open door frame.

            "This is a room." Daryl retorted, rolling his eyes at her.

            "When are we leaving?" She asked.

            "Pretty much now." I told her as I slid on my boots, Daryl doing the same. "Where are the boys?"

            "Getting their stuff together." She picked up Daryl's crossbow, aiming at the wall like he had taught her, making Daryl quickly swipe it away from her.

            "Come on." I swung my bag over my shoulders. "Let's go." We went down the hall and grabbed the boys. When we all stepped onto the street we tried not to stare at the numerous people that walked freely around us. I pulled Sophia along as we walked to find Merle. She kept stopping to gape at the civilization.

            "There." I nudged Daryl's arm and pointed over to where Merle stood talking to The Governor. We headed over to their place in front of the gates. As we approached them I didn't take time for small talk. I stated it as it was. "We're ready to leave." I told The Governor. I planted my feet and prepared to fight him if necessary. He stared with a straight face for just a second before cracking a fake smile.

            "Of course. Hold on." He walked over to one of the guards and starts whispering back and forth with him.

            "You talked to him?" Daryl asked Merle. Merle shook his head 'no'.

            "I've got a bad feeling about all of this." Greyson whispered to me. I nodded and put my hand on his back.

            "Me too." As The Governor walked back over, Grey stands up straighter to show he's brave.

            "Stay safe out there." He simply says. The gates open behind him. "You can always come back here if it doesn't work out." The five of us walked through the gates, not looking back, except for Daryl. He looked back briefly to nod to Merle. I heard the gates close behind us. As we passed a small beat up Escape, Grey stopped.