Entry 15

Hey guys! We're almost done (kind of) This is where it starts getting good! (poor anakin) so I hope you guys like it! Enjoy :)

“We can only hope that Master Kenobi is up to the challenge,” he answered in a voice deep of concern. There was something I could sense, but I couldn’t figure out what it was….

“I should be there with him,” I murmured, looking down. Part of me felt guilty, as if saying the thought out loud was wrong, but another part…A part deep inside felt the irritation at the mistrust in my abilities.

“It is upsetting to me to see that the Council doesn’t seem to fully appreciate your talents. Don’t you wonder why they won’t make you a Jedi Master?” he asked, his gaze fully searching. As he had been talking, I paced back and forth, unable to keep still. I looked at the floor, somehow hoping that a solution to everything would magically appear there for me.

“I wish I knew. More and more I get the feeling that I’m being excluded from the Council,” I replied. I knew I could be honest with the Chancellor, but there was something deep…dark…. My thoughts flashed back to Padme and the latest vision I’d had of her and then flashed to the power that it took to save her.

I knew I had sensed something in the room with the others earlier. I could still sense something now. And, I knew they were hiding something.

“I know there are things about the Force that they’re not telling me,” I said. My voice was angrier than I had expected.

“They don’t trust you. They see your future. They know your power will be too strong to control. You must break the through the fog of lies the Jedi have created around you.” He paused slightly. As he had been talking, he had stood up and together we walked out into the hallway. His hand was on my back. “Let me help you to know the subtleties of the Force,” he pleaded.

“How do you know the ways of the Force?” I demanded, shock filling my tone. I couldn’t help keep the surprise buried down. I stared at him, hoping…searching for the answer I so desperately needed.

“My mentor taught me everything about the Force….”

Before I could stop myself, I found myself wondering what kind of a mentor he could’ve had. I knew the answer before he said it, now that I look back…Somewhere deep inside me, in the deepest part of my being; I had known it before the words were uttered.

“Even the nature of the dark side.” His tone had taken a nasty wickedness. How could a tone like his be described? So husky and raspy, but strong and powerful at the same time.

“You know the dark side?!?!” I yelled, turning to face him. I glared at him, not believing what he’d just said. How could he know the dark side? And why? The dark side was….

“If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace…a larger view of the Force,” he explained, as if it was as simple as that.

I continued glaring at him, trying to calm my raging thoughts. I suddenly felt like the world was crushing down on me, suffocating me. Palpatine, my friend and mentor in more ways than one had….He had deceived everyone.

“Be careful of the Jedi. They fear you. In time, they will destroy you. Let me train you,” he pleaded.

“I won’t be a pawn in your political game! The Jedi are my family!” I yelled with finality.

I didn’t know I had been trying to convince myself more than him.

“Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi,” he coaxed.