Part 1: First Sight

What a wonderful way to start at a new school, not knowing anyone at all. You had moved from the opposite side of Japan, and you were starting your second year of high school. Everyone had figured out their groups of friends easily in their freshman year. You, on the other hand, knew no one. You were simply overwhelmed with relief with the fact you started with everyone else, and didn't have to stand up and introduce yourself. All you had to do was get through the day, which seemed easy enough since everyone was ignoring you.

Everyone was in fact leaving you in peace of mind despite all of the interesting noises being heard. Chairs and desks scooting, students comparing schedules, everything you'd suspect on the first day of school. Until you heard something, a quiet something. It was the girls in the class, who'd caught sight of a second new student entering the class, and were at a loss of words because of what he looked like. A pretty boy. They kept their eyes on him, watching as he found the seat directly next to you.

You didn't want to look, and you managed not to. You wouldn't think he was new from the way he acted. He acted as if he owned the place just by existing. Some girls were already acting as if you didn't leave him alone for them, you were committing blasphemy.  This school was already so interesting, but whether it was good or bad, you hadn't decided. Himuro seemed polite though, he stayed quiet and didn't seem to be the type to act snide or arrogant just for catching the eye of most of the female population in the school.

     Almost everyone. You still hadn't looked at him, and he was looking around to examine his new surroundings, and his eyes spotted you before your eyes even considered meeting his. He tried speaking, but you shut out his words. He reached out and lightly tapped your shoulder. You still shut him down. Himuro frowned at your reaction, which was nothing. He was only trying to be polite, had he come off wrong? Maybe he should try again.

     After many failing attempts, Himuro just wanted your attention. You yourself didn't even know why you were so set on ignoring him. You came here and hoped to have a normal life with friends, why couldn't he be one of said friends? Deciding to give the unsure thought a jolt of positive effort, you looked over at the stumped teenager. He was almost obviously thinking of a more effective way of grasping your attention. You did what you thought was basically impossible.

     You decided to reach out, not wanting to quite try talking just yet, and gently graze his shoulder with a gentle beat. Himuro quickly turned to acknowledge whoever was requesting his attention. He smiled when he saw your face, the relief of no longer having to try desperately for your attention settling on his shoulders.

     "Hello there, I'm kind of new here... what's your name? I'm Himuro," He kindly greeted, inviting you warmly and smoothly to reply. But, there was a catch. Talking requires using your voice, and you didn't want to. You decided the perfect time to analyze every minute flaw of your voice was now. God, what was going on in your head? He was just a guy. Yes, a guy you've never met. A guy who's really cute, that is a fact. A guy who was just trying to talk to you of his own accord, three for three. So what was going on in your head?

     It took a lot of courage, but you pushed all of the jumble racing around in your head and thought of a humane, normal, average sentence. You just simply said to him, "Um, hi, I'm also a bit new here. I'm sorry if I seem a bit cold, this is just racking up my nerves," you feebly apologized, forgetting to add in your name, You added a silent mental scold for not sticking your mental plan of a humane, normal, and average sentence. You thought that this year wasn't going to be the year that you stuck to your plans. It seemed like it for sure, according to what's already happened.

     "No, you're fine. I get that, I'm honestly kind of the same way at the moment. Glad to know someone else understands what's going on," Himuro confessed, admitting that he also had to clear the jumble racing around his head. He didn't seem to even notice that your slip up was a slip up. However, you had slipped into thought, considering different scenarios of different possibilities while accidentally maintaining eye contact while you stared into space, and ran your train of thought at full speed ahead. Himuro had to snap his fingers gently near yours ears to get you to gather yourself and return to Earth, and the conversation.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was just thinking, I suppose," You admitted, watching closely for his reaction. He seemed amused, chuckling quietly at your distant behavior. "What were you saying?" You inquired, desperate to not make a fool of yourself. That task seemed rather difficult since you couldn't help but stray away from your mental plan. Your mind just wasn't cooperating that morning, and in turn things weren't going as you had been hoping. You'd been really rather awkward, and that was probably something you'll come to regret soon enough. What a fantastic first impression, an awkward and distant person that had a tendency to stare people down while thinking creepily. Maybe you were overthinking that and maybe that description of the occurring events was a bit dramatic and overdone, but the point still stands strong and clear.

"I think we should disregard that, seeing as how the teacher finally looks ready to start off for today," Himuro quietly suggested to you, ignoring your offer to continue the conversation. You didn't fight against it though. Less awkwardness that you had to handle.