Chapter 17

Ellie's P.O.V.:

Alex drove us to an abandoned building, outside town. We got out of the car and started walking towards the door. "You don't talk to anyone unless I am there, understood?" I heard Alex. I nodded and kept on walking. Alex and Xavier were right next to me so I didn't really feel scared.

Well at least that's what I said before we entered. After Alex punched in the password the door opened we walked in. The building on the inside didn't look that old and abandoned. It looked exactly the opposite. Wooden floors and grey walls covered the room that looked like the receptions in the hotels.

"Alex, Xavier." a woman, in her mid twenties and and greeted both the guys. She had dark brown hair and green eyes. And then her gaze fell on me. "And who is that?" she asked. "That's Ellie. She's our friend." Xavier said. "She's pretty. Maybe I'll like her." she smirked and I gave her a small smile.

"Anyways, both of you are on training duty today. Go." she said and we left. We got into an elevator, and Alex pressed the +1 button. "Can you please stop being mad at me?" I quietly asked. "I'm not. It's just that the less you know, the better." he simply said. "Okay." I answered.

The elevator doors opened and we walked into a huge room that was full of people, mostly young ones. They were fighting, as in martial arts and kick boxing. Let me tell you that it does not look good. Most of them are bleeding or had bruises. "Now you sit there and do nothing. Okay?" Alex said as I sat on an empty bench.

I nodded but didn't say anything due to the fact that both of the guys took off their shirts and me being the hormonal teenage girl, I had to drool. "See something you like?" I jumped up in surprise when I heard Alex whisper in my ear. "No." I said but I knew that my face gave it all way. He just smirked and ruffled my hair, making me frown. "Don't do that." I said.

Alex and Xavier started training the other guys in the room and after I watched them for a while, I got bored and started texting my friends. The elevator binged but I didn't bother to look up. "And who is this?" I froze when I heard a man's voice, which was probably directed to me. I turned up to look at a mad in his late thirties, with cold looking green eyes, resembling to the ones of the girl  I met at the entrance. He had dark hair and wore a suit. He looked strict and scary.

"She's with me." I heard Alex say, stepping in front of me. "Hmm... So I Gus's that she is with you too Xavier?" I heard the man say. "Yes." Xavier answered. "This training class is over. Xavier, take the young lady back at her house. I'll be expecting you tomorrow, Alex I want to have a talk with you." the man said and I could feel my heart race. Was Alex in trouble because I couldn't listen?

And now I was driving back home with Xavier. None of us has said a word since then. "Xavier?" my voice was barely a whisper. "Yeah?" he looked at me for a brief moment before looking back at the road. "Is Alex in trouble?" I asked. The question was killing me. "Honestly Ellie...I don't know. We just have to wait for him to come back." he sighed and I rested my head on the window, looking outside.

Xavier left me at my house and made me promise that I would call him as soon as Alex came home. I went upstairs and fell on my bed. All I could do now was wait for Alex. But after half an hour I was really tired and fell asleep.

When I woke up it was a little after 4. I rubbed my eyes and got up. I changed into a pair of grey leggings and a black tank top. I put on some socks and went inside Alex's bedroom. His room looked empty. So I went downstairs and was greeted with a picture that warmed my heart. Alex was laying on his side on the couch, sleeping. I smiled at the image and walked over to him quietly. I also texted Xavier that Alex was back.

I kneeled down in front of him and kissed his cheek. He stirred and opened his eyes. "Hey..." he said. "Hey. Why didn't you wake me up when you came?" I asked and ran my fingers through his hair. "I was exhausted so I fell asleep." he said. "Alex are you in trouble?" I asked and he looked at me confused for a second before his eyes showed realisation. "No Ellie. I'm not in trouble." he sat up.