Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two:

Harry had been searching for job openings all morning around his local city, walking in the hot sun searching for stores that were employing. While Louis was at work, the curly haired man took the time to print off twenty resumes and was presenting them to any store that would accept one; just hoping that one shop would call him back with good news.

So he had passed his resume onto seven stores, each of them happily accepted the document, assuring Harry that they would look over his application; however, the tall man knew as soon as the stores took note of his criminal record that he would no longer be a candidate for the position. After all, nobody wants to employ an ex-inmate.

With all hope near lost, Harry decided to cheer himself up; and what better way to do that than an ice cream in the park. St James Park was a sight for sore eyes - it was extravagant. Harry ordered his ice cream from a nearby ice cream cart, a two scoop choc top, before taking a seat on the bench overlooking a small lake. The curly haired man admired how the ducks and geese gracefully swam, and somehow managed to keep the water still and peaceful.

 The curly haired man admired how the ducks and geese gracefully swam, and somehow managed to keep the water still and peaceful

Just as Harry was finishing his ice cream, a women, who looked to be in her mid-thirties approached him. "What a sight." Harry looked at her; unsure if she was talking to him.

"Umm yeah, I guess it is pretty. Lots of lovely trees." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Oh no dear, not the scenery... you."

Harry looked confused and pointed to himself, "me?" The unnamed women sat on the bench next to Harry, positioning her body, so she was facing him.

"Yes. You are gorgeous. Do you know who I am?"

"Uuuh no?" Harry replied.

"My name is Martha Stewart, and I am the producer of Londons 'EVERDAY' magazine. Everyday is a weekly magazine that captures beauty in ordinary, daily people you would pass on the street. No photoshop, no makeup - just beauty in our community."

Harry bit his lip, unsure where the women was going with the topic. "And I will tell you this Love; you are the most handsome person I have come across in quite some time."

"Thanks, I guess..." To say the curly haired man was confused and uncomfortable was an understatement.

"What's your name?"

"Harry Styles." The women looked surprised, "Styles? Such a stage name. Do you have a job."

"No I'm looking for employment, but nobody will accept me, you see I have a dark history that employers won't look past." The women nodded, not continuing with the topic instead asking; "how tall are you?"

"uuuh 6,3" What do you want, sorry I don't mean to sound rude."

"How would you feel about modelling?"

---

"And she just gave you her business card and walked away not even allowing you time to respond?"

As soon as Louis had arrived home, Harry had rushed to tell the small boy about the day's strange events. The two were cuddling on the large bed, much comfier and spacious than prison.

"Yep." Harry popped the 'p'. "Wow, Haz... That's certainly, different." Harry looked over at the small boy he loved so dearly, pulling him closer.

"Do you not like me accepting this job?"

"Do you want this job?" Louis countered.

"I want to help provide for the both of us."

Louis frowned, "Haz you don't have to accept this job. I can happily pay for the both of us." It was Harry's turn to frown, "Lou, I want to do something with my time." Louis nodded, understanding Harry's point of view. "Just promise me Hazzy, that you won't forgot about me, and will never let any other person touch you... or take pictures of you if you're not comfortable?" The way Louis spoke was so innocent sounding, helpless even - it made Harry's heart ache.

"I promise Blue."