Chapter 10

As the Silver family was enjoying their day out, it was something Silver had forgotten. A time for him to take a break. He was always used to moving around so much that he had always found himself doing things. This was the first time in a long while he was able to take it easy and spend time with his family. Even with all of this he knew he would have to be leaving again soon. As they walked through town having a family conversation and little Joy just loving her time with her Big Brother.

"So you have to go back to the castle tonight right?" His dad asked.
"Yeah. I will be taking the last train tonight back to Canterlot, so I can go back on my travels." Silver said as he was seeing the pout on Joy's face. He patted her on the head. "Besides. Talon is waiting for me back at one of the towns. I can't leave him there forever now can I?"
This comment did make Joy smile a little. She always did love Silver's pet Falcon almost as much as Silver.
"Yes mom I will be coming by the house to eat one more meal before I go." He said this knowing what his mom was thinking.
"Good. Now just one question." Silver knew what she was going to ask. After all she asked him the same thing almost every time. "Have you met a special Somepony yet?'
"Mom no. I told you I will eat you know when I do." Silver said this just a little embarrassed. Even if he knew she would ask it didn't make it any easier to answer, especially in public.

As they entered the shopping district to pick up some goods, ponies from all over town were there. Some picking up food. Others grabbing supplies to finish the repairs from everything that had happened. The town had more or less be restored after magic had gone out of control.
"It is nice to see the town is coming along I see." Silver said.
"Yeah!" Joy said somewhat excited and somewhat disappointed. "The first thing they fixed was the school." Big pout.
"Well we got to make sure you little foals get your lessons in." Came a snicker from Silver. "Remember we love you sis."
As Silver went to pat her on the head a wind blow past his wing, and he stopped dead in his motion.

"Mom, Dad, get Joy and get out of here." Silver said with urgency in his voice.
"Big Brother?" Joy had seen the look on his face before. Something was not right in Ponyville.
"Honey, what's the mater?" His mom asked worried.
"Please. Just trust me and get home, and stay inside!" His worry for his family was showing even more.
"Let's go dear. You be carful. I know you're about to do something, right?" His dad asked all ready knowing the answer before he asked.
"Now I wouldn't do anything dangerous, now would I?" His smile hid what he was about to do, but his mom and dad knew all too well what was about to happen.

Before another word could be spoken, Silver went into a full out sprint headed for the Everfree Forest at the edge of Ponyville. He knew something was happening, and things were about to become bad. He ran by Twilight and Sunset and did not even slow down.
"What was that?" Sunset asked Twilight.
"I have an idea. There is only one pony in all Equestria that can make a streak of silver like that." Twilight responded. "Let follow it. Things must be bad if he is running at that pace. Normally he only moves that fast when he has both his wings." Twilight and Sunset began to follow the trail Silver left in his wake. Even though she knew they would not catch up to him till he stopped, Twilight also knew if he was at full sprint he may need help with only having his one wing right now.

Silver arrives at the border to find Rose Luck and two other ponies, who were trying to gather seeds and other things being stared at by four Timber Wolves. This was bad. Timber Wolves always hunt in packs, and even worse was the fact that these three would never be able to handle one by themselves, let alone four.

Just as the wolves began there snarl that signaled the attack, Silver went into action. He rushed the biggest of the four wolves hitting it into the other three. He had tangled with this one before a while back. He remembered the wolf by the damaged branch that was its eye. After all Silver left him that reminder. After Silver knocked them over, he looked over to the three ponies and yelled. "RUN AND GET OUT OF HERE!"
Without a thought, two of the three ran but Rose looked at him and said. "You can't handle four of them by yourself?"
"Don't worry about me just GO!" He shouted again, this time she left still with some fear in her eyes.