XXIII: Drugged

not edited from this point on unless indicated otherwise - 1/15/20

I was woken up by a gentle shake on my shoulder. My eyes opened in an instant as I tried to push away this hand that was waking me.

It was a little girl, no more than 10 years old, her hair pinned back, a focused expression on her face as she watched me.

She pressed her hand against my face, sending a cooling sensation throughout my body.

The little girl then withdrew her hand from my face, before standing up and walking out of the room.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position, trying to ignore the fact that that was very creepy. My entire body was sore, like I had been working it out non stop for a week straight.

I stood up onto my feet, taking a few seconds to find my balance. I walked slowly to the closet at the other end of the room, not wanting to go out in just a black top and matching black shorts.

I slid the closet open, only to find a thin black robe.

Oh well. It'll do.

After slipping it on my body, I made my way to the door, my footing off as I wobbled back and forth.

I blinked rapidly to try and clear some of this drowsiness, reaching the door handle as I slid it open.

I thought I recognized this place. This is Alexander's place.

But why are we back here?

The last thing I remembered was leaving this town with Lord Sesshomaru and Master Jaken. I don't remember ever coming back here.

I released my left hand that was keeping the robe closed over the front of my body, not caring at the moment who'd see me. I used the wall for support as I made my way slowly down the corridor, trying to ease through the hall without tripping on myself.

I don't know what happened. I don't know why I'm back here. I don't know who that little girl was and why she was in my room waking me up, but I knew one thing.

I had to find Lord Sesshomaru. He couldn't be too far from where I am. Even if we got separated, I knew he'd find me. He always finds me.

I followed the faint murmur of voices. Well, I thought they were faint but apparently I was wrong when two seconds later I barged in on a meeting.

I squinted my eyes, three figures and a smaller one coming into view.

"Rin."

The silver haired figure stood up, but he was blocked from my view when blue eyes suddenly appeared in front of me.

"You shouldn't be awake right now." Alexander's soothing voice said as he pulled me into him.

"Rin!!" Master Jaken yelled out.

I pulled myself closer into Alexander's warm body as I felt him pull my robe closed around the front of my body. Oops. I had forgotten about that.

"Lord Sesshomaru..." I muttered out breathlessly, causing Alexander to freeze against me. I reached my hand out for Lord Sesshomaru as my vision finally focused on him, as he approached me, a glint of irritation mixed with worry in his eyes.

I pried myself from Alexander, reaching out for Sesshomaru with my right hand, not caring that my robe had loosened once again.

I shivered at his touch when he grabbed my hand, pulling me into his chest.

I relaxed against him as we stayed in this embrace for a short second before he lifted me off my feet, bringing me over to the mat he had been sitting on before laying me down gently on it.