Part 2

The following week went by almost faster than Andie could blink, and soon enough, she was walking into Olympia High School as a senior for the first time. The sun was high in the sky, the campus bustling with students and teachers alike. Some Andie recognized from her previous high school years, others she assumed were freshmen or transfers. Though she couldn't help noticing she felt something different than before. Probably because graduation, college and all that entailed suddenly looked much closer and more real.

She found her friends in the usual spot they used to regroup, by the main entrance. All except Jessica, that is. She didn't appear to have arrived, yet.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, fellow senior!" Isabelle grinned as she squeezed her. "Wow, does it feel weird!"

"I know! I almost feel like we were in first grade just yesterday!" Emily commented. "Where did the last year go? I barely saw it!"

"Certainly different from being a junior," Bane said, Andie leaning into him.

"That reminds me, anyone know where Jessica is?" Emily inquired. "Did she ever find the outfit of her dreams?"

"Oh, I imagine she did," Andie smiled. "I expect she's just waiting for the perfect moment to make her grand entrance."

They laughed. That certainly sounded like Jessica. Looking around in case she arrived, Andie was about to give up when something made her groan.

"That's someone I haven't missed one bit..." she commented unhappily.

Following her gaze, Emily sighed.

"Oh, yeah... Vicki Chase."

Vicki Chase was the school's Queen Bee, and she knew it. It was easy to tell from the way she strode across the campus, her glossy black hair flowing in her wake in time with the clicking of her heels. She'd been insufferable to Andie since they had first met, not that Andie had ever understood why. Vicki had even taken an interest in Bane at one point, back when Andie couldn't figure out what she wanted herself. Because while she loved Bane with all her heart, he had been secretly in love with her for far longer, which had somewhat scared her.

Vicki had also been mad at Andie because of the school play the year before. Her boyfriend Chad had been in it, but had been so impossible to work with he had eventually quit, leaving Andie's childhood friend Eric to take his place. That had also brought complications for her and Bane, but that was another story. And Andie wasn't prepared to let Vicki ruin her senior year. So when Vicki came near them, Andie leaned into Bane and waved, smiling sweetly. Vicki just snorted and marched on. Andie and her friends exchanged a glance, then burst out laughing.

At last, Jessica arrived. She had eventually chosen a bright red jacket with a white shirt bearing the American flag, and electric blue jeans, her long brown hair glistening in the sunlight. She marched in proudly, her face partly covered by her sunglasses. She glanced around, saw Andie and the others and walked gracefully towards them.

"You look great, Jess!" Emily told her when she reached them.

"I know, right?" Jessica grinned, taking her sunglasses off. "I finally found my outfit. Patriotic and sassy all at the same time."

The others laughed as the bell rang. Their first day as seniors had officially begun.