Dead Now

Hey guys!

This is a story my friend wrote. She's not in wattpad anymore, so I won't tell you to follow her!

---------------------------------------------

Zoethian

-plot twist- Zoey died in hospital shortly after the nuke

-------------------------------------

The katar blade beckons to you. It gleams in the early morning light, you notice tiny specks of dried blood clinging to the sharpest side.

You pick it up and carelessly turn it in your tough, weather beaten hands, not caring when it nicks your skin, leaving tiny droplets of deep scarlet blood on the katar.

You wipe your hands on your trousers and stand up. You walk to the dusty, small window, a compulsory part of your tiny shack, positioned in the small town of Sickbay.

You lean your weary head against the glass pane.

The dust on the inside of the pane moves away in streams as your tears push it aside.

You can see her grave outside. A large patch of dirt covered in flowers and mushrooms. One dark oak tree shades the greenery, signs cling to its strong trunk. They read her name, her birth date and expiry date. You couldn't bear to write a message. You did however, carve a love heart into the trunk near the roots.

You move from the window and walk outside. Warm sand surrounds your well-worn leather boots. You move slowly towards the remains of the dinosaur's lookout. You're trembling slightly but moving steadily. Your katar's strapped to your belt.

You call the dinosaur's name. No reply of course, he'll be in Sickbay, drinking himself silly.

You chose not to join him. You have more than enough alcohol pulsing through your veins, numbing your body. Not numbing enough. Your body aches over the loss of her. Your mushroom princess.

You slowly move to where her science equipment is.

God knows you have no idea how any of this works.

You press buttons and fiddle with knobs, half hoping something would explode and take you with it. It seems fitting, the same death as her.

Dying is a relaxing thought. No more aching over her. Even the thought of spiralling down into hell seems welcoming.

You've done a plenty bad things in your time, you know that much. You no longer care about any of that shit though.

The only important thing is your family. Your mushroom princess, your dinosaur, your animals. Hell, even Baby Jim suddenly seems important to you.

As you walk back to your shack you close your eyes and stand still for a moment. In your messed up, broken mind you picture your home. The castle the two of you built together. That castle once meant everything.

Now you couldn't care less about it. All it is now is a giant crater filled with memories. Some bad, some good. Hell, the bad ones hurt like hell but the good ones are amazing. Visions of her smiling, laughing, being herself, fill your mind. You scream in fury.

You sprint past your shack to her grave.

Your katar is in your hand and you hardly remember picking it up.

Your rip off your mask, revealing your scared jaw, more memories that you'd rather not remember slide back into your pained mind.

You hold the very tip of your katar to your neck.

"Hell I could have saved you. I could have you here with me now. You should be here with me now. Oh god please let me be dreaming. Please. Let me open my eyes and find you by my side, like always. God I miss you so much. I need you so much." Your cheeks are soaked with salty tears.

"Hell, I.. I.." Your words are cut off by heavy sobs that rattle your whole body, making you cry out.

"I suppose this is my last chance to say it. God, I love you so much. More than anything. Everything else is nothing compared to you. There is nothing without you. I took so long to say it. I'm a coward, a stupid, fucking coward.

You mean so much to me and I never told you. You're my mushroom princess and I need to be with you."

Your hands are slippery, the katar handle coated in sweat.

You shake slightly as you tighten your grip on the katar, the tip digging slightly into your neck, piercing the skin just enough so that a small trail if blood forms a tiny stream down your tanned neck.

"I've never been so scared in my life. Am I doing the right thing? I don't know. Please help me. Please." Your whispering and crying at the same time.

Your arms ache for her. You want to pull her against your chest again, smell the soft, sweet scent of her. Feel her heat against yours.

"I'm lost without you." You shrug slightly.

She's gone. You can't change that. Your incomplete without her and you'll never be whole, the solution to this madness seems simple.

With one push, it's nearly over. You're almost done with suffering.

You let go of the katar, letting it stay nestled deep in the flesh of your neck.

And suddenly nothing matters. You see and hear nothing, feel nothing.

Except peace. And her arms around you.

"You did nothing wrong. You couldn't have saved me. I love you too."