Chapter 5: Hey There Delilah

A/N:

Idk why but for some reason I came across a burst of inspiration in the storyyyy <3 KEEP IN MIND that if you read A Separate Peace the two main characters have the same personalities & issues, but with a twist. The ending MAY OR MAY NOT BE the same. Depends on how I feel.(; SO ENJOY <3

Unedited cause I'm lazy whoops

*********************************

The blue eyes widened when they met mine, and immediately glanced away from me. I took in the features of the boy everyone loves, Flynn, and almost died on the spot. He looked absolutely mouthwatering.

He was only a few inches taller than me, but his muscles made up for what he lacked in height, I could tell. He wore a cut-off white t-shirt, black basketball shorts that almost reached his knees, and black basketball Nike socks and black and red basketball sneaks like mine.

"Uhh, hi. You practicing?" He asked awkwardly, and I cleared my throat before replying in fear that my voice would come out squeaky.

"Just for fun. There's nothing much else to do here." I shrugged, and he finally looked back at me. Knowing that he wasn't very into talking to females, and opted to look away so he could study me like I studied him.

"I've never seen you around here before." Wow, how confident he sounds when I'm not looking at him.

"Well that would be because I'm new here." I walked towards the rack in the middle of the court, and about half way there I realized that they were definitely not the women's balls.

"They're the men's. I can show you where they keep your team's." he called after me, and I spun on him with a raised eyebrow.

"Who said I was on the team?" I asked, kind of rudely, but I didn't want this guy to start getting any ideas. We would not be playing together, nor would we try to be acquainted. Jock guys are, well, mostly horrible.

His face turned slightly red, and he stuttered out. "I just assumed..."

I walked towards the locker room doors to get the crate full of balls. "You know what they say about assuming." I was being snarky, I know, but I wanted him to leave.

The kid really is a stealthy one. No wonder he's so athletic. I spun around with the crate behind me and he was standing directly in front of me with a stern look on his face. I don't know him, obviously, but that look just didn't seem to fit on his face. It looked wrong somehow.

My eyes widened at his proximity. "How...how did you?"

"What's your name?" He asked instead, and I fought back a smirk, but I let a smile show anyway.

"What, so you can tell on me for hurting your feelings?" I held back a laugh, and though he wanted to look intimidating, his eyes sparked with humor.

"Maybe," he replied, and I shook my head.

"Delilah." I answered instead, giving him the name of one of my favorite songs by Plain White Tees.

He smiled playfully. "Well hey there, Delilah," I rolled my eyes. "My name is Flynn, captain of the football, basketball, and soon to be baseball team. I enjoy playing jokes on people and living in the moment. What do you like?" He asked like an excited child, and I chuckled at his adorable attitude. He's nothing like I assumed he'd be...but you know what they say about people who assume.

"I like to be alone most of the time. I'm not much for doing things in the moment because I'm afraid I'll regret it later." I told him truthfully, and tried to push past him, but he wouldn't budge. Instead he stopped me with a hand on my arm.