Ch. 1 - Memories

I sigh as I stare blankly at the words glaring brightly at me from my computer screen. Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards Going Out? Really? I thought. He had just split up with Rebecca Ferguson. Now Perrie? Getting up off my computer chair, I walk over to my dresser, and look into the mirror.

“He would never like me.” I whisper quietly to myself.

I have long brown hair that goes down to my waist, and hazel colored eyes. I’m about 5’7 in height and have a pretty slim figure; but only because working out is almost all I do. I didn’t really consider myself pretty. Yeah, I get loads of compliments on how I look almost all the time; but I just don’t see what everyone else sees in me. Hearing the door open, I turn around and see my best friend Kara walk back into my room from her never ending trip to the bathroom.

“Could you have taken any longer?” I joke, trying to lighten up my mood, so she doesn’t notice my grief. But of-course; being my best friend, she sees right through me. She turns her head and looks at the computer screen, then turns back around, facing me with a worried look on her face.

“Ariana! You-” she started, as I cut her off.

“I know, I know. I should get over Zayn. Blah, blah. You don’t have to tell me again.” I sigh, and walk over to my bed, lying down. Kara walks over and sits down next to me.

“Ariana.. Listen.” She says in an understanding voice. “I know it’s hard to get over someone you loved so much, but I’m starting to worry about you. Ever since Zayn graduated, you haven’t been the same. You’ve been acting different all year. You didn’t even go to prom!”

I sit up, as she continues talking.

“Plus, he’s probably forgotten about you long ago. It’s been a year since he graduated and became the one and only Zayn Malik from One Direction. You’ve just graduated. You need to start having some fun instead of staying home all day. He’s probably made loads of new friends and it’s time for us to make some more to. Now lets go partayy!” She exclaims as she hugs me tightly with a concerned look on her face. She then gets up and happily dances her way back into the bathroom to get dressed for the party she was going to.

I look down at my hands as I let out a sigh. Memories slowly start to flood back into my head. Zayn and I used to be really good friends. Just in the short time I had known him, we had become so close; nearly inseparable. I just couldn’t figure out what had happened to make him cut contact with me indefinitely. It had been my eleventh year and his twelfth year, mid first semester, at Sharfeild High. I remember very clearly.

                                         ._________________.

“Class.” Mrs. Samuels, my drama teacher said. “We have a new student. He is new to this school, so be nice.”

I wonder who it could be… I thought. I watched as the new boy walked into the classroom and waited to be directed towards his seat. As he faced the classroom, the sunlight coming in from the windows fell on his face, bringing out his facial features. He was tan, had chocolate brown eyes, and looked somewhat middle eastern. His hair was short, and shaved on the sides. He had on a baggy dark blue t-shirt with gray sweatpants on. The teacher walked towards him.

“Class this is Zayn.”

He was really cute, apart from what he was wearing. Its seemed as though he didn’t try too hard picking out his clothes… Actually..I liked that. The other boys at my school were total douche bags, and tried way to hard to look good. He on the other hand, seemed nice and down to earth by his choice of wardrobe, and because of the fact that he was smiling nicely, instead of just awkwardly standing there, waiting to be seated. I then realized I had an open seat next to me, and it seemed as though the teacher had just noticed to, as she showed Zayn where I was sitting. I could hear laughter as he walked towards me. Turing around, I noticed a group of boys in the back of the room snickering at him. I then heard one of them mutter quietly at Zayn, “School is not for sleeping you know,” pointing out his outfit, and laughing quietly.