Love is a Battlefield

Erika's POV

I felt my heart race. My palms were sweaty.
I couldn't control myself. Tears running down my cheek.

Judge: has the jury made a decision?

Jury #8: yes your honor.

Judge: proceed.

Jury #8: on the murder of the first degree, the defendant is innocent, on the charge of the police brutality the defendant is guilty.

Erika: no

Judge: the state of Seattle thanks you for your service, on the defendant, you will serve 4 years in prison.

Everything hit me. My child needs his dad. This can not be happening.

Erika: your honor, please.

Judge: and who are you

Justin: Erika no.

Erika: he's.....he's the love of my life. He also will be leaving a child behind. A month old child. Please your honor, reconsider.

Counselor 2: there was no mention of a child your honor.

Judge: this is news to both us.

Counselor 2: with all do respect your honor, this case will put all of us in danger is we don't get that child in a medical-

Judge: ENOUGH counselor. This child will already have one parent taken away, mother to mother, you are lucky I'm not putting this baby is a medical center to get tested. I will warn you. You leave the state, they will try to go after you. I suggest you stay here. That's all I can do for you. Court dismissed.

she got up and left.

Justin: I don't want you to visit me. I don't want him to see me in there. No matter the cost. I don't want even you to go. It's going to put us threw hell.

*Slap*

I grabbed my purse and stormed out.

Erika: don't follow me.

Pattie was shocked. I grabbed Wren and took off.

I was pulled back.

Jason: the hell is your problem?

Erika: I'm not in the mood Jason. Back off.

Jason: don't do anything stupid.

Erika: let.go.of.me

He tested me.

Erika: you've never seen me blow up, trust me now is not the time. Let go of me.

Jason: don't do anything stupid.

*slap*

His head turned. He faced me, his cheek bright red.

Jason: lucky my momma raised me right.

Erika: are you implying something? Because if so, you lucky your baby momma is still in a hospital bed.