i. MEETINGS & GREETINGS

CHAPTER ONE
( MEETINGS & GREETINGS )

CHAPTER ONE ( MEETINGS & GREETINGS )

CLASSES HAD ALMOST COME TO AN END for the day. The students were glad the day was nearly over, but it also meant unreasonably full hallways and that you could not go anywhere without having some sort of physical contact with at least one person. It also tended to make a few people late for their classes, but depending on the teacher there would be no penalty. Most were rather lenient if you were their last class.

But as two sixth years made their way to their final classes of the day, they made a little more physical contact than intended.

Estelle Dumont collided into a lanky figure, stumbling back and immediately dropping all her books. Before she could fall herself, two strong arms grabbed her and steadied her. Estelle felt her face go pink at the contact and her gaze remained on the ground, unwilling to look at the stranger she had so carelessly rammed right into.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I'm such a klutz, I should've—"

A warm voice quieted her and she finally looked up into the hazel eyes of James Potter. "Sh, it's okay, love. It was completely my fault, no worries." He gave her a small smile and she felt her face redden even more from the attention.

"Right, well, I'll help you with your books then." She bent down, picking up the fallen textbooks. She put her own into the blue bag hanging around her shoulder, the ones belonging to James resting in the crook of her arm. But something was wrong. Her Astronomy textbook was missing. "Where.."

She felt around for it, frowning, only for it to be held out to her. "Here you are," she looked up to see James smiling at her, a smile so bright and beautiful it wasn't even comparable to the stars she drew on her charts. How could anyone smile like that?

"Thank you," she mumbled, meeting his eyes for a brief moment. They were brown, he noticed, the same brown as the chocolate he always got Remus for his birthday. He had seen those eyes once or twice before, maybe in Potions or Astronomy. They were pretty.

As they stood up, James continued to grin at the girl in front of him. "Estelle Dumont, Ravenclaw?" She nodded, slightly surprised that her knew her name. "I'm James Potter."

"Oh, really? I had no idea." Estelle muttered, turning her head slightly and rolling her eyes.

"I didn't think we'd properly met," He chuckled, shaking his head. "What's your next lesson?"

"Potions, and you?"

"Look at that! We're headed to the same place!"