Chapter 45 - Your father is...

Sengoku stepped closer to the edge. He took a good look at the man that was sitting on his knees, waiting to be executed. It won't be long now until Whitebeard will appear.

"Portgas D. Ace... His death will have a great significance today." Sengoku started. Everybody kept quiet but they all knew that something big is about to happen, especially that this execution was transmitted live, almost everywhere. "Ace, tell them the name of your father."

Ace was surprised by the sudden demand. There's no way he will say that name! His only father is... "My father is Whitebeard." Ace said while closing his eyes. Sengoku furrowed his eyes. "No!" Ace got frustrated and yelled. "Yes, he is! Whitebeard is my only father!"

"We looked for you with our eyes wide open at that time. Because we heard that there might be a child of that man on some island. Based on a small amount of reliable information from Cipher Pol, we checked all newborns and preborn children and their mothers but we couldn't find you. No wonder. Your mother risked her life to bear you. She used a trick that can be called mother's pride."

Everybody began to get really anxious. Where was this going? What could Fire Fist's real identity be? Can it be that important?

"That has misled us... Indeed, the whole world. There is an island called Batelira in South Blue. Your mother's name is Portgas D. Rouge." Ace's eyes wided at the information Sengoku was leaking. Was he indeed going to tell the world everything? "She did something that completely defied natural law, for the love of her child. She kept her baby inside her womb for 20 months! And as soon as she gave birth to you, she lost all her strength and passed away right there."

Ace clenched his teeth. He knew exactly what was coming. The whole world will hear the news and then everyone will know who he truly is. These bastards were making sure that even if something happens and he somehow manages to escape, his life will become a complete hell afterwards.

"A year and 3 months after the father's death, the child was born with the blood of the world's most heinous man in his veins. That was you!" Sengoku said as he looked towards Ace. If Ace was free right now, he'll most probably behead Sengoku. 

Garp looked at the ground as he was having a inner war inside his mind. He was remembering that man's words as if it just happened. What was his biggest mistake? That he actually took care of that innocent child or that he was attending that very child's execution, doing nothing against it.

"Your father is...

the King of Pirates - Gold Roger!

——————————————————

You stood behind Marco as everybody got in their position. In just a few minutes, Whitebeard Pirates will make their appearance at Marineford. Everybody believed in themselves and they were all ready to fight.

Marco was making sure everything and everyone were ready. You took the chance to look at Whitebeard who was standing in front of everybody. He was clenching his sword as tight as possible.

Your heart was beating really fast. Ace was so close to you right now and yet so far away. He was probably waiting to be executed, thinking that you and the others have abandoned him.

Marco's den den mushi started to ring, which could only mean one thing. Something happened. Two crew mates were left on an nearby island as soon as the news of the broadcast reached Whitebeard's ears. Their role was simple. They were supposed to call as soon as something unexpected happens and to call when the time was right for the Whitebeard Pirates to join the party.