Preference- Fighting

Zayn: Josh's POV

He was drunk off of his cigarettes. Again, for the fifth day of six so far this week. Two days ago, you had an asthma attack from it, and who was there to help you? Not Zayn; it was actually Niall.

As soon as you stepped outside to see if Zayn wanted any lunch, you got a big breathful of smoke blown right at your face, causing you to have a coughing fit.

"God, Zayn, you need to lay off of the cigarettes," you said, stepping back to recover your breath.

"Why does it matter to you? It's my body, not yours," he retorted.

"Because in the past month, I've had 14 asthma attacks."

"So? You have your inhaler. Use it."

"I do, but with your intense smoking-"

He came up to you, and doubled up the fist that wasn't around his cigarette, causing you to tremble as you backed up into the doorway.

His POV

I noticed her hit the wall crying, and stopped charging her, thinking about what I had just done to her.

Clearing my head of everything but her, I refocused on reality, putting my half-smoken cigarette in the can with the rest of the used ones. I took a few deep breaths to try to get the smoke out of my lungs as I stepped inside. My fists were now relaxed, and as I knelt down in front of her, I realized exactly what I had done to her.

"Baby...I'm really sorry. It's just that management has been pushing me really hard, resulting in me smoking to go up a lot. I'm sorry that I tried to hurt you," I said, but she didn't seem to believe me. "I really hate you being like this. Please, dry your tears. I won't hurt you."

She looked up at me, and I could see the fear in her eyes. I knew that I would have to have a really good way to make this up to her.

I don't understand...why would she be doing this to me? She's giving me the silent treatment, and I thought that she could talk to me.

I guess when that's the whole problem, then she wouldn't talk to me about it. I did scare her after all, and I feel horrible about it.

"Why won't you speak to me?" I asked gently, picking her up to her feet, and swaying her in my arms. "Did I make you scared of me?"

She nodded against my chest, signaling that I had scared her.

"All that you're going to do is hurt me," she cried into my chest. Wow, she is quite a bit shorter than me.

"No, I wouldn't. I'm really sorry for doing that. I've just had enough to deal with, thanks to fucking management."

"It's not my fault you're mad, is it?"

"No, no, no, no, no, of course not, baby. I just took it wrong. I really should stop smoking, yes? It's affecting your asthma horribly."

Just when I thought that she was going to kiss me, she looked up at me, then broke even further.

"Please, calm down. There's no reason to cry."

This is going to take forever....

Niall: Josh's POV

He had been sick for almost a week, and was refusing help from everyone except for you and Zayn. No one knew why, but he was, and with Zayn around, you couldn't get anywhere near Niall.

"Zayn, let me see Niall, please?" You asked nicely, trying to see if you could talk him into letting you see him.

"No!!" He screamed at you. "Now go away. He doesn't want to see you right now."