Chapter 10

Levi sighed as he looked at the sleeping redhead. He was leaning against the metal footboard of her hospital bed, not concentrating on what the doctor had been saying. He occasionally caught words but he didn't bother trying to put them into sentences.

Seizure.
Be okay.
Could happen again.

A couple words can go along way.

"Mr. Ackerman? Mr. Ackerman." Dr. Kar had stated, bringing Levi out of his thoughts and forcing his head to snap back so he was looking at the tall, dark haired man in a white coat. "Do you understand what I'm asking of you?"

"Yeah, yeah. Let her take some medication for a month or two and see how things go." Once again, Levi turned so he didn't have to face the doctor and stared at Petra's pale skin. How it was practically radiation as if it were the moonlight shining through the night sky.

"Mr. Ackerman, it doesn't seem like you realize how serious her conditions could be in the future." Dr. Kar said, stepping forward to put his hand on the much shorter man's shoulder.

Levi was quick to react and he gripped the man's wrist, taking it off of his shoulder immediately. "Do not touch me." He said in a low, voice.

The doctor was startled, his eyes slightly wide before he brought his hand away from him. "M-My apologies, Sir." He cleared his throat and instead, took a few more steps forward so he was standing next to Levi, their heights unable to be described. The two of them stared at Petra in silence, Dr. Kar being the one to speak first.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?"

His words triggered Levi and it was his instant reaction to grit his teeth. "Yes." He mumbled softly.

"It'd be amazing if I were able to make her my wife. I'd love her unconditionally, reminding her of her angelic beauty every single day." Dr. Kar smiled to himself in the darkness but Levi could tell her was doing it.

Levi started to clench his fists as well. "How exactly do you know her?"

"She used to be one of my regular patients. I helped treat her mother before she... Passed." He slowed as he reached the words about her mother. "Once her mother had passed, they didn't come to the hospital anymore. I can understand why. Who would want to go back to the place where they lost someone so important to them." 

"Leave..." Levi said through gritted teeth as it took everything within him not to go on a full rampage.

"What?" Dr. Kar spoke, unable to identify the small word that came from Levi's lips.

"Leave." Levi stated again, more clearly this time.

"And why is that? Does someone not like me talking about how precious their girlfriend is?" Dr. Kar chuckled slightly.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Oh? Is that so? Then why are you getting so worked up about me talking about how I would love to make her my wife?"

"I said, leave." Levi stated once again, a lot of aggression in his voice now.

Dr. Kar chuckled once again before heading to the doors of the hospital room. "It'll happen Mr. Ackerman. Petra Ral will be my wife soon. I do plan on it. After all, who seems to have known her longer?" His words were tainted with maliciousness and it made Levi want to throw up.

Levi walked back around to the side of Petra's bed and sat next to her hip. He slightly ran his fingers through her hair as he pushed a small strand behind her ear. No emotion was present on his face, just like always. His lips formed a straight, emotionless line that he was always recognized for. However, his eyes held more emotion than anyone had ever felt.