Chapter 5

"Aliana, wake up! You have an appointment today and Marcus will be in in 30 minuets!" My mother calls from the kitchen. I sit up in my bed and look around. I hate waking up early. It might be 9 am but it's still too early for a Saturday. I walk over to my blue closet, witch is the only blue thing I the room, and open it to find all my clothes. I decide to wear a purple tee shirt with Nyan Cat on it and some regular skinny jeans and, as I look in the mirror, I realize how strikingly normal I am. My hair is a natraul blonde that reaches my belly button, I'm regular hight about 5 foot. I have blue eyes and heart shaped lips. I could've been normal.

Marcus knocks at the front door and my mother looks over and greets him and says "Alright, let's get in the car. We have a long day ahead of us." As we walk to the car Marcus walks up beside me and asks "Are you ready?" I look at him and sigh "I really don't know." He leans down and kisses me. We climb into the car and my mom says "Ok. Let's do this." As she starts the car.

"Appointment for Aliana Dlair, at 10 am please" my mother says to the receptionist. Me and Marcus stand in the back and I hear the receptionist say "We will need the signature from the person reviving the scan." I roll my eyes and walk up to the counter and sign my name. "Your the one reviving the scan? You're like 13" the receptionist snaps. "Why don't you back the hell up, bitch." Mother says in response. We go sit down and about 5 minutes later, the nurse comes through the door and says "Dlair?" Me, Mom, and Marcus stand up and walk through the door. Marcus reaches over and takes my hand as we walk. I can't believe this is happening, its a Saturday and I'm a 14 year old girl. I should be out with my friends, not getting and baby scan to see how old my baby is. "Ok, you will be in room 207, would you like me to escort you there or could you find it?" The nurse says. " We will find it, thank you." My mother responds. as we walk into the room the ultrasound technician is there waiting. "Hello, I'm Alyce and I will be assisting you today. As you know, I will be performing an ultrasound on you to determine how far along in pregnancy you are." She says to us. Marcus takes my hand again we nod. "Now if you would please lift your shirt to where your belly is exposed, and lay on the table." I walk to the table and lift my shirt and lay down. She puts gooey liquid on my stomach. She puts the camera on me and I see something that looks like a tiny dinosaur or monster thing, but it's so beautiful. "That's your baby" she says. My baby. That is my baby. That baby is inside of me, I am growing it and nurturing it. I'm having a baby. This baby. My baby.
My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse saying "I believe you are about 4 weeks, or one month, pregnant." My mother responds "Thank you, will we need to come back?" The nurse nods and says "Yes, come back the first Monday of each month for monthly check-ups." My mom thanks her and we leave.

I have a baby inside me. A little person.

It's one month old. I can't believe it.

I love this baby.