Chapter 15: New Skills and a Hot Ball in the Center of My Chest

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." I murmured, before walking out behind the house and walking into the barn. "C'mon, Aisu."

Aisu yipped in irritation before jumping up onto the hayloft. I followed up on the ladder, holding the blanket under my chin.

"Let me get that." Aisu's hand reached down and grabbed the blanket. I looked up and paused, studying Aisu's face. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Thanks." I said, smiling lightly. I pulled myself up onto the hayloft and laid down with a heavy sigh. "I'm so tired." Aisu laughed at me.

"Want to know something that's rather funny?" Aisu asked me. I nodded, a larger smile tugging at my lips. "My name, Aisu, means ice. So my name is Ice." I grinned and chuckled.

"That is funny. What is the name of the other pack members?" I asked softly.

"Well, there's Hail, and Frost, and Sleet." I grinned.

"Those are awesome names."

"I agree."

"You said earlier that I could turn into a Wolf... how do I do that?" Aisu smiled.

"You have to somehow draw a bit of blood and say 'I call upon my Familiar form!'. This will work both ways, from human to Wolf, and Wolf to human." I grinned. "Don't try it now, though."

"And what about calling other pack members?" I asked, slightly more serious.

"When the time comes when you need them, when we need them, I'll tell you." I nodded as Aisu's blue eyes caught my gaze. "It takes a lot of energy out of you, and calling on them is a very serious matter."

"Okay, Aisu." I yawned. "I'm going to sleep now, so....?" Aisu shifted forms in front of me. His human form shimmered for a second before flashing and becoming his wolf form.

'Sleep.' I grinned. I spread out the blanket, nearly shivering as the cold draft in the hayloft washed over me. I pulled the blanket up to my shoulders and curled into Aisu's flank. Aisu? He's really warm. And furry. Warm and furry. I sighed as I fell into a real sleep.

*Next Morning*

I cracked my eyes open and instinctively reached for Aisu. My hand landed of empty air. I shot up, eyes bleary, looking for my wolf. "Aisu?" I called. Actually, it was more of a croak. How long had I been asleep?

My eyes widened as I saw Nerr, with her hand glowing above my leg. "What are you doing?" I mumbled, my tongue feeling thick.

"I'm healing your leg. I think you sprained your ankle, too and that maybe you didn't feel it yesterday because you were out in the cold for such a long time." I groaned and flopped onto my back.

"Move your ankle." Nerr said, poking my left ankle. I sighed and sat up again. I began to move my ankle up and down when pain shot up my leg.

"I think it's sprained, too." I said in a small voice.

"Well I can't fully heal that today since I just fixed up your leg, which you damaged further so it took longer than expected; but I can reduce the swelling." I grinned.

"Okay."

"Hm..."

"What?"

"I'm going to teach you long distance magic." My eyes widened. God help us all.

___(Approx. 3 Hours Later)___

I'd finally succeeded in using long distance magic with my staff, which I decided to call Ash. I fell to the ground, worn out. "I *pant* want *pant* to * pant* sleeeeeeeeeeeep *pant pant*".