:|: Fifteen :|:

The faint familiar tinkling of music woke Lana up again for the fifth night in a row.

She hated that sound; it freaked her out. How was it possible to still hear that damn jewellery box? Just yesterday she'd smashed the thing to smithereens and the day before that she'd dumped it in a bin on the way to school.

No matter what she did, it always found it's way back home. The music played on a loop in her brain; it was slowly sending her mad.

Lana knew what she had to do, she climbed out of bed and followed the music. She found the jewellery box on the kitchen counter, and opened it, she watched as the little ballerina popped up and slowly twirled to the music. "I'm ready," she finally said. "Just for one day, though, right?" Were the last words she spoke.

* * *

The tiny dancer had promised Lana that they would only trade places for one day, but that had been days, weeks, or maybe even months ago.

Since that day, she had been trapped in the dark of the jewellery box, while that thing, whatever it was, was out there living her life. Lana didn't want to be here anymore, she was unable to move and unable to speak. Her mind worked, but her body didn't.

She'd give anything to hear the tinkling of that creepy music and see the light again.