Chapter 2

So. I'm at home. Just got back from the cafe. They loved my new paintings. I told them that I need them sold by the first. Thats in 2 weeks. Good luck with that. Painting there sell slower than syrup in the northpole in winter. Unless there really good. Then the sell faster then when you make a sunny side up egg on the side walk in mid june. That was fun. Good times

I hop in the shower to clense my self of the filth of the out side world. As Im blasting Three Days Grace's 'One-X' album I hear some one knocking. I turn off my music get in my black robe and go check it out. Its my dad. He locked himself out again. I let him in and turn around to go shower. "Stop." He says in a hush but firm tone. I obey. "Whats wrong with you. You have been acting so weird lately." He said. "I'm perfectly fine. I just wanna shower." I try to walk away and he grabs my wrist. I shutter because of the pain. "Theres something wrong and I wanna know it." He shouts in my face. "The only thing thats wrong is your squezing my wrist really tight and it hurts. Let me go!" I shout back in his face as Im struggling. Then he raises his hand and back hands me across the face then lets go of my wrist and I fall. He stairs down at me. "Sweet heart--" I cut him off "Its fine!" I storm into the bathroom. Theres a huge welt on my face. I start to cry. I grab my vodka from under the sink and chug it. Then I get in the shower, sit down and just cry. I look at my cuts and there healing pretty nicely. I grab my blade and cut over and over right below them. More redish black blood oozing out of my arm. I grab my gauze. Next thing I hear is my friends being let in the house. I cover up the welt and my wrists get dressed put my face on and a smile. Out I go. I grab my smokes and light up just as there walking through the door they comment on my face. Of course they notice. I started crying and sobing and couldnt stop. They decided to take me out of the house for a while. Thats when things went bad. It was hot out side. I had to wear a hoody cause my cuts. "Why are you wearing a hoody its hotter than hell out here." Stef said. "I dont know I just wanna." I responded. Liza grabs me from behind and pulls my hoodie off then they see the gauze. "What is that?" Stef said stairing at my wrist. I just starred at them. Frozen is the only way to discribe it. I bolt. Running past the park then the coffee shop, passed the Library, and ended up behind the school. Its a saturday so no ones here. I climb in the bushes and hide for my life. I text my dad to pick me up. I grab my hoodie that I tied around my waist while I was running and put it back on. As my dad pulled up so did my friends. He gave them a ride too -_-.

We get back to my room and the stair at me in aw of what they just saw. They have no clue what they just saw but they know they saw somethin' and that somethin' wasn't good. There waiting for me to tell them what these things are but I'm just walking around my room smoking a cigarette. Finally Stef broke the silence. "What are those? I know. Your hurt and everything but this--" I cut her off, "This is nothing I just slipped and fell on my way home from school and scraped my wrists and a little of my arm up that's all." I say trying not to show that I'm lying. They roll there eyes. I know they don't believe me but I'm leaving it at that. I grab my bottle of vodka, I offered it to them but of course there's sticklers and they refuse. So I drink it all my self in one big gulp. I can tell there worried about me, but there's nothing to be worried about I'm fine. It's my choice. I'm drunk now and there trying to sober me up. "Why can't you guys just be cool with this. I'm fine. Do I look damaged." I say slurring. They nod.I roll my eyes. I fall on my ass a few times before I finally fall asleep. When I wake up, I find the girls in my bathroom digging through all my shit. "What the hell are you doing." I say holding my head. Hangover. "We're trying to figure out what is wrong with you." Liza says. Stef holds up my blade that must of fell out of my sock last night. Liza gasps and holds her hand to her mouth like she's trying not to cry. Stef is shaking her head in disbelief. "It's not what you think." I say Trying to calm them down. "I knew it. You ARE cutting yourself." Stef says. I just freeze again. Then I start to run again. This time I have no clue where I'm going. I pack and over night bag and just run. The girls are following me. Liza has her drivers license so there driving besides me. I finally turn into the woods for a few miles so they will leave me alone. I take a break in this open patch of field. I recognized this place. Mom used to take me here. I sat there for a few hours as it started to get dark. I decided to go sneak back home into garage grab a tent and come back. It wouldn't take me more than 20 minutes to get there and 30 to get back sense the tent is heavy. I start heading back. It's getting really dark and I see flashlights and hear my friends calling my name I duck behind a tree. Of course they spot me. Just my luck. I start picking up the pace. So do they. Next thing I know Stef has me by the wrist. I can tell its Stef cause she has long fingers. I turn around and she's crying. "What's wrong?" I ask. She just grabs me in a hug. "It's dad." She finally says. I start running home. I walk in the door and drop my stuff. There's cops all over "Dad! Dad!" I shout. A cop walks over to me and walks me to my room. "Hi Alisha I'm officer Smith. Your dad has been in a accident. He's ok, but I need to ask you a few questions. Where were you an hour ago?" "I was in the middle of the woods. Running from my friends." " Why were you there?" He asked. "Cause they were annoying me so I ran. What happened to my dad?" I ask. "Someone came into the house went upstairs and shot your dad." I started to cry. I run into the bathroom and lock it. The officer is banging on the door. I grab my vodka and chug it. Then grab another one and chug it. I grab my blade and slice my scabs over and over. Red blood oozes out and into the sink. I bandage it up quick. Rinse out the sink and start chugging vodka again. I grab a smoke and smoke it while sitting agains the door. Next thing I hear is more officers barging into my room. "She locked her self in she was sobbing when she went in there." Smith says. I back away from the door and unlock it. I don't feel like getting arrested for locking myself in. They rush in there. They see the empty vodka bottles and cigarette butts. Smith shakes his head. I'm not scared of the cops so I grab a bottle of vodka and take a sip. I smile at Smith and he shakes his head again. "Do you wanna go see your dad???"