Chapter Ten. Bake-off

The concentration is real as you both cook. You look at Nishinoya and how cute he looks. You slowly scoop your hand into the flower, just realizing that the flower is getting into your nails and throw it at Nishinoya's face. He coughs whilst running over to you but slips on water you spilt whilst measuring and topples on top of you. You lay flat on the ground, Nishinoya's face right above yours. For some reason you don't feel awkward and just start into a fit of laughing. Nishinoya gets off you and starts laughing too. You both lay on your kitchen floor tired. Suddenly, you both see smoke coming from the counter and realize the butter has turned black on your pan and is burning.

"Nishinoya... I think my pan is melting." You get up and turn off the fire and get a new pan.

You place another scoop of butter on the pan and pour in your soft pancake mixture. You keep repeating that until you've made five pancakes. You finish the final touches and stack your pancakes on a plate on the table and put cups, cutlery and plates on the table. Nishinoya sets his own table and you both finish and stand next to each other admiring the food.

"Y/n chan, who's going to judge the food?" Nishinoya paces around.

"Uhh... What about your Volleyball team?" Nishinoya frowns.

"There aren't enough pancakes and French toast. Wait what if I only invite Daichi, Suga, Asahi and Tanaka? All of them are kind of nice. Well Tanaka's a tad bit crazy but the rest are serious about food. Don't tell him I said that. He'll kill me.
Although they like food... A lot"

You think for a moment, "Umm. OK. Nishinoya. Why don't they have half a pancake each and half a French toast each? That would mean we would get to try our food."

Nishinoya smiles. "Sure!" He grabs his phone out of his pocket and rings his friends. "They'll be here in a minute apparently they were by the store next to your house shopping for breakfast but now they're happy because they can save money. Well Daichi and Suga are."

You walk up to Nishinoya and look him in the eye.
"Thanks for staying with me. I really appreciate it. You know we've known each other for only one day. Not even that!"

Nishinoya smiles warmly and you look into his eyes, drawing closer...

"We're here!" Tanaka rings the doorbell several times.

You run to the door gently pushing passes Nishinoya. Why do I feel disappointed because Tanaka ringed the doorbell right before we kissed? Oh well. You slip your apron off and replace it with your black leather jacket and open the door greeting everyone.

"Hi. I'm y/n. Come in. The kitchen's this way." You guide them around your house and take them to the kitchen.

"Wow." Tanaka says.

"This is a very big house." Asahi states. They open there mouths like fish as you take them into the kitchen.

"The foood smells goood." Says Suga.

"It's not sweeter then you... Sugarwara" Daichi says blushing and you laugh

"you two are too cute!" You squeal. "So... Who's who? I know Sugawara. That's Nishinoya." You point at Nishinoya. "Uhh... Daichi?" You point at Tanaka. They laugh.

"He's the crazy one. Completely oposite to Daichi!" Asahi says.

"Well is that Tanaka then?" Tanaka gasps.

"How did you know I was the crazy one?" He looks suspicious.

The next words you say you regret. "Nishinoya told me-" you bite your lips. "Whoops. Sorry Nish" Tanaka fumes and leaps at Nishinoya and you jump in front of him to save Nishinoya and you all end up in a pile.
"Ouch." You and Nishinoya say.

"Sorry. I lost control." Tanaka apologises.

"Y/n... You have a nickname for Nishinoya already? What did I miss? Annd what happened last night?"

You blush and explain. "Well, we got the day off because I was unconscience for around four hours. I think. Then we got ice cream-" Nishinoya interrupts

"Which I paid for-"

"Yes. And then we went on a walk then we uhh... Oh yeah. Went to my house, then we-"

Asahi interrupts "we don't want to know the rest-" you frown and blush.

"Nothing happened. Then we watched Netflix for ten hours? No less. I think, then I showed him too his room because he didn't want to walk home at this time and he was too tired. Then we said goodnight, then I went to his room to ask for his number, then we texted even though we could talk to each other through the wall because my bed was opposite to his but with a wall between. Then we fell asleep. Then I woke up because of a nightmare about my... I don't want to talk about that- then he layed down in bed next to me and fell asleep and so did I. Aaaaannnddd before you say anything, no. Nothing happened between us apart from becoming good friends... OK."

Tanaka yawns "that was a long talk."

"OK. We get it. Nootthhiing happened betweeen you twoo." Suga says.

Nishinoya looks at him upset. "Really Suga? I thought you had grown up." There is an awkward silence.

"Let's get to it... I'm hungry." Says Asahi. You lead them to the two tables.

"In the pancakes, they are made from a light fluffy mixture and are-were stacked. They are glazed in maple syrup with ranges of berries for decoration and a burst of friuty flavour to compliment the pancake mixture." You explain.

Nishinoya pulls the small crowd over to his French toast and explains.

"So, my delightful French toast is made from soft, white bread and the mix over the top is made from a variety of ingredients to make the perfect mixture and texture annd taste. Then it is finished with a fine maple syrup with either berries or sprinkles."
You look at Nishinoya, impressed with his speech. Game on. You think.

AN: hope you liked this chapter! Luv uuu guys

AN: hope you liked this chapter! Luv uuu guys. Mwa! Xx