Fairy Tale AU - Darwin

Fairy Tale AU: Cinderella

Warning: Swears

Once upon a time, in the olden days of El Moreopia, there lived a young, charming, sweet maiden, [Your Name]. She was the most fairest and kind girl you would ever meet, despite her shy shell. All of the animals in her household admired her, especially the two mice, Tobias and Penny. In the grand household she lived in, she camped with her two and only step-sisters, Carrie and Tina. Carrie and Tina were not charming, nor sweet. They were cold and bitter, always snickering at [Your Name]'s amount of chores. They despised her beauty, and wanted to tear it to shreds. And the worst of the worst, had to be the step mother, Lady Tremaine. She hated her step daughter and wanted her to suffer for her beauty and charm. And with her family up against her, making her do chores all day and everyday, she really did tried to make them happy. Talking to mice, birds, and the barn animals wasn't really a blast, as she craved for human friendship, even if it was fake. At least she would know how it would work.

In the kitchen, she was currently making breakfast, a bit drowsy from last night. Carrie and Tina were ordering her around, demanding for warm milk, more pillows, anything to waste time. Although they were terrible step sisters, [Your Name] still loved them with all her heart. Singing quietly, the birds joined her, making her wake up. Stirring the oatmeal in the pot, she started to grow happy, as today was a new day! . . .Even if they all repeated. Grabbing the bowls from the cupboard, she poured oatmeal into them. Blinking tiredly, she grabbed the three spoons from the counter, placing one into each. Grabbing the three bowls of oatmeal, she headed out of the kitchen. "Time to start the day." You mutter with false happiness, a fake smile on your face. It was funny how it was easy to give yourself false hope.

Walking into your sisters' room, you flinched at their screaming. "Good morning to you too." You giggle, giving them each their bowl, not really minding their sneers. Standing by their beds, you looked at one another, and which they rolled their eyes.

"Where's the drink!?" Carrie seethed, her anger growing. Wow, you wouldn't trade your sisters for the world.

"You don't really need to drink-"

"Just get us our drinks!" They screamed.

. . .

After doing all the chores, you were finishing polishing the wood floor, your step mother and sisters on the couch, gossiping and sneering at you. You didn't really mind however, and continued polishing, your eyes glittering with content. "Oh yes, Tina and Carrie, I forgot to tell you, but I received some mail today." You slowed your movements, listening to their conversation. The only mail you gave her was three envelopes, each a light faded pink. But... What was it? "I opened them, and realized they were three invitations to the ball with the prince. It's tomorrow night." You gasped quietly, while your step sisters squealed horrifically high. Three envelopes... Three invitations, possibly one for you! How thrilling!

Carrie raised an eyebrow, her squealing coming to a halt. "Three invitations? We're only two people, I'll have you know- Are you calling us fat?!" She warned, her eyes growing dark. Lady Tremaine chuckled, knowing the answer to the question.

"Of course not. The last one is for... her." She whispered at the end, pointing at your back, as you began finishing up with the floor. Wiping off the sweat on your forehead, as it was quite hot in here, you held in your excitement. Something fun for a change! "Ugh, do we have to-"