☹forty

thunder roared outside,

but you weren't even slightly fazed right now.

"hurry and yell at me!" your eyes were fogged from tears.

my shaking hand ran through my hair.

"you know i could never do that, jungkook."

your determined eyes softened.

"then just tell me." you were practically pleading at this point.

i'm sorry i put you through so much trouble with my childish mood swings.

"i can't." you tightly held my hand.

"please."

"i-i just feel so empty around you lately. whenever i see you looking at me, or whenever i catch you staring from the corner of my eyes, it makes me angry. i don't want to have to force a smile, but i also don't want you to see the real me that i tried so hard to hide. i don't want you to see me so weak when i try so hard to look happy for you. you're always on my mind and it's so frustrating. i just want you to give up on our friendship, yet maybe i'm just selfishly wanting more."

he looked so surprised by my sudden breakdown.

i was never quite good at expressing my feelings so it was probably surprising to get such an answer from me.

he took a minute to process everything before looking down and biting his lip.

"tae, i thought it was my imagination but i guess i was right; you're in love with me."