Twenty One- Jealous

Saturday rolled around and it was gig day. I had asked the girls if they were coming down to the gig, of course Lauren was, Maddi and Elena said they'd be there but Bianca wasn't going to come. It was understandable. She's still grieving over Austin and she's having a hard time dealing with his absence. We've all been going around to see her and check up on her but she hasn't really made much progress in getting out of the house except for when she absolutely needs to.

Maddi, Lauren and Elena were all at my house for the day until it was time to leave for the gig. I had asked my parents to come to tonight's gig and at first they said they weren't going to because they didn't want to bring Jackson along, but then Layla offered to babysit him for the night. I've been thanking her for that ever since. Being able to perform while my parents are in the crowd would be a brand new experience for me and I want to make sure I put on the best performance I've ever played.

I'm glad we're playing at our regular venue tonight as well, the Rat and Parrot. Weird name, awesome venue. We have a lot of regulars who will be attending tonight, people who know us and our songs. So it'll be really cool when they start singing along and talking to us while my parents are there. Maybe it'll show them that me being in a band isn't a waste of time.

At the moment, the girls and I were sitting in the kitchen eating some sandwiches and chatting.

"Chlo, what're you wearing tonight?" Lauren asked.

"I'm wearing shorts instead of jeans tonight, that's for sure. It's way too hot for jeans." I said. It was now getting into the warmer Spring/summer weather and wearing jeans on stage was not an option.

"Which shorts? Those cute black ones?" Elena asked.

"Yeah probably. Why'd you ask Laur?" I said.

"Cause I reckon you should wear something else, hang on." Lauren quickly got up from her seat and rushed into my room.

"So, are you two dating yet?" Maddi whispered.

"We're not dating... But we're not-not dating." I said. Lauren and I agreed that we wouldn't flat out tell the girls but if they asked we wouldn't hide it from them.

"What's that supposed to mean? Are y'all fucking or not?" Maddi said quite loudly.

"Maddi! Language!" Elena laughed.

"Yeah Maddi can you keep it down, my little brothers just out there." I scolded her. "And no we're not fucking."

"So like, are you girlfriends or?" Elena asked.

"We're together but we haven't labeled it." I said with a shrug.

"Why not label it? You two are practically perfect for each other, might as well get married already." Maddi said.

"We have our reasons. But, we're just simply enjoying being together. Why do we have to label anything? Why not just simply be?" I said.

"Y'all are weird." Maddi said.

"Why the fuck do you keep saying y'all? We're not American." I laughed.

"Chloe! Language!" Elena said. I muttered a quiet 'sorry'.

"I don't know, I started saying y'all ironically but now I can't stop." Maddi laughed.

"Well y'all can do whatever you want. I'm gonna go see what Lauren's doing." I said and got up from my seat.

"Don't go having a quickie while we're here please." Maddi said.

"Maddi! Can you shut up? We haven't even..." I said, feeling my cheeks heat up.