~<Seven>~

Short chapter! Don't hurt me

~<Juniper>~

I hadn't slept so peacefully in my life. Being with Vincent was like a dream come true, really. He spoiled me rotten, always giving me anything I wanted and going above and beyond to do so. I felt like mattered to him which was something that I'd never really experienced before.
I opened my eyes to the sun-filled room that was our bedroom with Vincent's sleepy smile greeting me. How long has he been staring at me? Did I look ugly in my sleep? Was I drooling? Oh, God. No.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Vincent said.

I covered my mouth and raced to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After that was done I brushed my hair and came back out to a half naked mate on the phone. I couldn't see his lips so I didn't know what he was saying, but judging by his tense back muscles it wasn't a pleasant conversation. I walked behind him and placed my hands on his shoulder blades, feeling them relax. I smiled in knowing I could do this for him. His skin felt a bit cold so I channeled the heat from my body into his. He hung up the phone and turned to face me.

"You're an angel, you know?"

"Am I?"

"Completely." 

I chuckled. "How did they respond?"

"Very well."

"But?"

"Some of the women are...afraid of your abilities."

I sighed, going back to plop myself on the bed. "As I predicted."

"Juniper, they're afraid of what they don't understand. It will be alright."

"And if it isn't?"

"I'm prepared to fight for you." 

"What if I don't want you to. What if I want you to stand with the people?" 

"I won't. I'll stand by you till my last breath."

I shook my head. "They think of me as a witch, don't they? A heartless creature."

He sat down beside me, putting his arms around my boney shoulder. "That isn't who you are."

"I know and so do you, but do they?"

"Some of them."

"I knew it would come to this. I was an idiot to ever show you or anyone in the first place."

"Hey." He caressed my cheek. "You've been nothing, but honest with and about your abilities. There is no reason for you to feel as if-"

"I were a problem."

"You aren't."

"I will be."

"Stop thinking like that. I can't stand it."

"I'm sorry."

He sighed and knelt down in front of me, taking my small hands in his. "You will never be a problem. Not to me or anyone else and if they think you are then they can leave. I don't care what they say and you shouldn't either." 

"I suppose."

"Juniper, I love you."

I smiled, looking into his eyes. "I love you too." 

"That's all that matters." He stood back up and kissed my forehead, pulling me up with him. "Today is going to be a busy day for me. I have a lot of paper work to do and hardly enough time to do it."

"I understand. You're a busy man, my love." I chuckled. I hadn't meant to call him that. It just..slipped out, but I had a feeling it was going to be a good day.