Chapter 4~

SeokJin's PoV~

"Hyung!" I say as I cheerfully greet my slightly older brother. "SeokJin, what brings you to my humble abode?" he asks as he welcomes me inside. "Well, we just got happened to return from a concert in Busan and I thought to should visit you... Since I don't even remember the time I saw you," I chuckled whilst placing my bags down and taking my baby pink jacket off. I quickly observed his fragrant apartment and the sheer cleanliness of the place doesn't surprise me since he was a real gentleman. In fact, he was nicknamed the guy from every women's dream during high school and he really did live up to it! "Please, take a seat," SeokHo gestured towards the couch and we both sat.

Curiously, I pick up the pile of magazines on the coffee table and flick through them. "Hmm, here are the clean ones but where did you hide the others? Y'know dirty ones," I joke and hyung gently hits me with a pure white cushion. "Yah, you know I am not like that! Anyways, how was the concert?" he asks as he turns to face me. I plainly shrug. "It's not that it wasn't good or anything but it was just new and I guess the impact hasn't really hit me yet," I sigh whilst my hyung gives me an apologetic look.

Then the door bell rings.

"Hyung, are you expecting anyone?" I inquire but he shakes his head, "I'll answer it then.".

I pull my exhausted body off of the comfy couch and walk over to the door, "Oh, is SeokHo not in? It's ju-". The feeling of being hit in the stomach by a brick? Yeah, I felt like that. She looked so much like her; no, like a replica of her. Her enchanting deep auburn eyes stared at mine innocently and her mesmerising cherry red lips formed a thin smile whilst her rosy cheeks slightly flushed. "SeoWoo?..." I question as I look at her intently, studying her features. "That's me, but how did you know my name?" she replies with no obvious recall of who I was. "It's me, you don't... remember me?". My eyebrows raise as I quickly fire back with another question. 

"I think you may have got the wrong person, I'm sorry - I don't know you," I can see her slowly beginning to get impatient and I decide to just drop it - for now, "As I was saying, is SeokHo in? I was wondering if he would like to go for a coffee?". I inwardly sigh, "He's in," and call for him; hopefully, he can take things from here...

Once she is out of the door frame, my mind goes completely blank and I begin to feel emptiness consume me. I was so sure that it was her. Why can't she remember me? Do I really look that different from when I was younger? The questions begin to spiral around my spinning head but there was still no answer in sight. 

Being so caught up in myself, I almost fail to hear my Hyung's voice asking about something. Despite that fact that I wasn't sure what he was asking,  I still just went with it. After all, I really trust him and know he wouldn't put me in an uncomfortable position.

"Great. Oh yeah, this is SeokJin - my brother," Hyung introduces me but things then take a turn for the worse...

SeoWoo (I think?) suddenly grabs her head and her face just screams out 'pain' as she scrunches it up. I see her start to topple over and I dart towards her, catching her in my firm arms. Her face resembles a ghostly pale colour and the rosiness from her cheeks is no longer there.

"H-Hyung," I whisper, "Is she not familiar to you?". He sympathetically pats my tensed up shoulder and I gulp as he takes her from my arms. Then, he carries her to his tidy room and places her on the white bed. He calmly strides back towards me, closes the door behind him, and sighs heavily.

"SeokJin, there's something I need to tell you," Hyung gently pats the spot on the couch next to him. I mindlessly listen to him and sit down. "When you moved to university, SeoWoo and her parents got into a really nasty car accident and it resulted in both her parents passing away. SeoWoo luckily managed to survive but still suffered a head injury which gave her severe memory loss. Then, she distanced herself from everyone, apart from her grandparents, and I think that is why she might not remember you or me - or anyone from her past life," he gives me a small smile and returns to tending the young girl. Leaving me alone with just me and my thoughts.

So now I know why she has no recollection of me... But, it still feels like something - or someone - was missing and, for someone who rarely sheds a tear, it seriously surprised me when I felt the warm liquid trickling down my cheek whilst I blankly stare at the wall. The clock still ticked and the minutes still sped by, yet I could not bring myself to move. 

All of our sweet childhood memories seemed to just evaporate and cease to exist in an instant - despite me still remembering them. It was like someone had stolen a massive chunk of me... The lady in the other room? I wish it wasn't her. I wish she didn't suffer something so traumatising. 

I wish she could still remember me... 

A/N:

Hey! I finally updated and it feels kind of good. I really hope more of you enjoy this book and if you have any ideas or comments then just tell me - I love feedback!! 

Thank you for reading,

Lizzie <3