Supernatural Themes- Chap 1

Chapter 1

I was now at the train station. I went up to the window and bought my ticket. I was going to Sydney. I was going to start a whole new life, which included moving out of Queensland. While I was waiting for the train I saw a really hot guy walk past me towards the ticket window. He was tall, about 6ft 3, with reddish brown hair that touched the tips of his long, dark eyelashes. He had piercing silver eyes that looked as though they were swirling around trying to escape.  

His skin was a little pale and his lips were full and looked extremely kissable. He was built but not in a disgusting hulk way but in a nice hot way. I was too busy staring at every detail of him to realise he was actually staring back at me. I blushed and looked down when I realised he could tell I was checking him out. I heard shuffling in front of me and when I looked up he was there in front of me. He smiled at me then sat down next to me. I felt the chair squeak a tiny bit as he turned to face me.

'Hey.' He said in a husky voice. I don't know if I was being paranoid or something but he sounded evil and a little sinister.

'Umm. H-hi.' I stuttered. What the hell! I haven't stuttered in front of a guy since... stop. I will not think of that. I breathed in slowly and focused my attention on him again.

He smiled at me once again.

'Hi. My name is Stefen. What's yours?' He asked smiling warmly.

'It's umm Ariarna, Ari for short. I don't like Ariarna. It's too formal.'

'I think Ariarna is a beautiful name. So where you going?' He asked while I blushed furiously.

'Uh... Sydney. You?'

'I'm going to Sydney as well.' He said smiling as if he had just won the lottery.

'Oh really. Well that's uh cool. Why are you going?' I asked curiously.

'Family issues. You know the story. Dad left and mum is well not coping well even though it's been years.'

Was it just a coincidence that he was in the exact same situation as me? I looked up and saw he was staring at me expectantly.

'So what about you?' He asked as though he had already asked me the question.

'Oh umm. Same story. Over my life and you know need a new and better one.'

'Oh yeah. So the train isn't coming for awhile right?'

'Yeah. About an hour. What do you have in mind?'

'Let's go to that restaurant down the road?' He asked with a hopeful expression plastered on his face.

'Oh. Yeah ok. Sounds good.' I said while standing up and putting my bag on my back.

He got up and started walking as I caught up to him. The sky was beginning to become overcast and the wind was picking up. I shivered and burrowed closer into my jacket. We had been walking for about five minutes. I wasn't even sure if there was a restaurant around here. I looked around and couldn't see a building anywhere.

'Are you sure we are going the right way?' I asked Stefen. I was starting to get a little freaked out.

What if he was some kind of serial killer and he was taking me somewhere. What if he was a robber and he was taking me along as a hostage or something. I heard him snort and mutter creative.

'Pardon?' I asked a little confused.

'Nothing. And I am pretty sure we are going the right way. There's a short cut between those trees.'

He said pointing towards the forest we had just stopped in front of. It had now been about ten minutes since we left the train station.

'I think we should go back. The train will be here in fifty minutes. And it will take us ten minutes to get back so that's forty minutes and it looks like there's more walking. We won't have any time to eat anything.' I said hurriedly. I knew I was rambling on.

'No. We should go. It's only about two minutes away.' He said and harshly grabbed my hand. He pulled me forwards into the forest while I struggled to get free. Once we were in the forest to the point of not seeing anything but trees he stopped. He looked at me and smirked.

'See that wasn't so hard was it?'

'There's no restaurant here. So I think maybe we should go back. I mean I don't want to miss the train.' I said while backing away.

I turned around and he was in front of me. I was so shocked that I screamed a little and stumbled backwards falling over a broken tree branch. I looked up at him and saw his eyes had become darker and little white points were beginning to show from his mouth. He laughed loudly and stared at me.

'You really thought you could get away from me?' He asked faking shock.

'Wh-what do you mean?'

'I am the fastest, strongest and most advanced creature on the planet. I could kill you so easily. And I am going to. But first I want you to figure out who I am and what kind of place you actually live in.'

'Wh-what do you mean?'

'Is that all you can say? Wh-what do you mean?' He asked imitating me perfectly. I was shocked. He spoke exactly like me.

'What are you?' I asked trying to sound as brave as I could.

'You still haven't figured it out? Come on! The teeth, the eyes, the pale skin, the dashing good looks and the really old name? What do you think I am?'

I knew what he was getting at. He thinks he's a vampire. Seriously though. He expects me to believe he is a vampire? I have read twilight and I loved it. The series make up my list of favourite books. But everyone knows that vampires don't actually exist.

'It's interesting that you think I think I am a vampire. I am sorry to disappoint but I really am. And I will prove it.' He said while getting closer.

How did he know what I was thinking? Can he read my thoughts like Edward can? Stefen started laughing.

'That book is ridiculous. As if vampires would ever go vegetarian. Humans taste too good.' He said while coming another step closer.

He grabbed my shoulders and picked me up. It hurt like crazy as he digged his nails into me. I gritted my teeth and he yanked his nails out of my shoulders. I inhaled deeply and my blood started to run down my arms.

'Delicious. I do admit that book got one thing right. Some humans do have better blood than others. I believe yours will be the best I have ever had.' He smirked as I looked up at him in fear.

My legs finally started to work as I lifted my knee and hit him in his area. I then turned and ran as fast as I could. I got yanked back by my hair and fell to the floor.

'Stupid human. I can't feel any pain. Especially from someone as weak as you.'

He pulled me up by my hair and crushed his lips to mine. I tried to move my lips away from his but his hands were on either side on my face. He kissed down my cheek until he reached my neck. He inhaled deeply.

'You smell delicious.' He groaned.

He leant forward and his teeth pierced my skin. He took them out quickly and smiled at me. I gritted my teeth trying not to scream from the pain in my neck.

'You taste better than I could ever imagine.' He said while licking the blood that had began to trail down my neck. Is shivered out of disgust.

'You like this huh?' He asked smirking.

I looked at his in disbelief. Does he really think I enjoy this?

'Well then. I better finish you off. I have a train to catch.' He said while taking my ticket out of my pocket.

He sunk his teeth into me again and began drinking. I struggled to get free and then began to feel myself slipping into unconsciousness. I felt his teeth rip out of my neck suddenly and screamed in pain. I fell to the floor and curled into a ball. My breathing was heavy and weak. I could feel my eyelids drooping. Before the darkness enclosed around me I saw the most beautiful colour I had ever seen. I left out my last breath as my eyes finally closed.