Chapter One

"God I'm tired!" proclaimed Tenten as she and her team entered the gates of Konaha.

Team Guy had just finished a Rank-A mission, and she was sore all over. She could tell the rest of the team was tired, even the wild Rock Lee and his usual energetic self.

As Guy went off to report to Lady Tsunade the success of the mission, Lee waved his other two teammates off and said, "May you both have a wonderful bath tonight!!" He then leaped backwards over a building.

Tenten laughed and shook her head. Even after the few years they had been a team, Lee never ceased to surprise her. She turned and looked at her other teammate, Neji Hyuga.

One could tell by looking at the rings under his eyes that he was exhausted, but he did not show it. He turned and looked at her sideways, saying flatly, "You've injured yourself."

Tenten looked down at her side and found that once again, Neji was right.

She was partially bleeding slightly near her rib, and just noticed how much it actually hurt. Neji gave a slightly amused smile and said, "Come. Hinata-sama will help with your injury."

~

They walked to the Hyuga Household where Hinata Hyuga, his cousin, was practicing. Neji calmly waited for her to stop, and when she did, he told her about Tenten's injury. Hinata greeted Tenten, then grabbed her hand and took her to a clear room. Neji followed, but turned around at the doorway when he saw Tenten's shirt being lifted above her chest.

"My my!" Hinata exclaimed, "You've hurt yourself more than you think, Tenten!" Hinata then proceeded to heal Tenten's side. "A cut here and here. Goodness, you may know how to work a weapon, but does the weapon sometimes work you?"

Tenten laughed and winced a little, saying, "Yes, a weapon does work me sometimes, but I put it in check afterwards."

Neji heard this, and thought Tenten's comment sounded quite vile, but said nothing about it. He had to wonder though, to why he would even think about it in that way.

~

Tenten thanked Hinata for healing her side and waved as she hwaded towards the Hyuga Compound exit. Neji, still tired yet quite curious at the moment, placed his hand gently on Tenten's shoulder.

"Um... Tenten?"

She turned around to her teammate with a highly curious look, and he continued, "I was uh, wondering if I could follow you home. I've never seen it, and I find myself quite curious at the moment." Tenten looked at him with slight amusement, and said, "Sure, why not?"

She went back to walking and after a moment of contemplating, glanced behind her shoulder to find him leisurely walking close behind.

As they walked, Neji noticed that Tenten was walking towards the gate of the village. He stopped and asked, "Tenten, where are you going?" She turned around and replied, "Home"

"Your home?" He said, "But that's going outside the village."

Tenten looked at him, feeling slightly irritable, and said, "Yes, Genius. Outside the village is where I live. I get peace and quiet a lot out there."

Neji looked at her, too curious to be sarcastic.

'The usual superstitious, perky, impatient Tenten actually enjoys quiet?'

Neji thought she was bluffing.

After a moment, Neji continued to walk to the gate. "Alright then, Tenten. Let's go," he said without looking back. Tenten looked at Neji for a good moment.