SOF Chapter 37

Just an Ordinary Day

The sun shines on my face and it rips me out of my dream the next morning A dream so horrible I want to forget it as fast as possible A dream of the four-year-old Richard Faulkerson and his Crack whore mother. a bitch who fucked up his son. But at the same time she was just a woman who took the wrong turn on the road which is called life. One wrong turn on and everything falls apart. Her pregnancy was definitely not planned. But then again, neither was her falling in love with rich and good looking William Faulkerson. Their love story is so epic, so special it should have had a happy ending.

Maybe the happy ending will be William meeting his son. Richard meeting his father.

My eyes slowly open, looking into the bright sun which is putting Manhattan in an amazing light. I yawn, it's too early for me to wake up. I feel his arm on my shoulders and turn my head around. Surprised by the image I'm seeing, I can't help but feel my lips form a huge grin. He's still here. Still in this bed. Still sleeping. so unlike Richard Faulkerson. But yet here he is.

I want to touch him so badly. Brush through his sexy dark hair. Kiss his nose. But I can't. I won't. Not after what he told me last night. I won't provoke him. I won't do anything to hurt him.

I slowly get out of the bed, carefully so I don't wake him up. He grumbles a little and turn around, to continue sleeping. Gosh! he's so perfect and fucked up at the same time. The perfect mixture.

Dressed in my underwear, I put his white oxford shirt on before I leave his bedroom. With bare feet. I walk into the kitchen. On my way, I stop at the mirror and look at my reflection for a second. My hair is a mess, but at least the rest seems okay. I put my hair into a ballerina bun as i walk the glass corridor and into the kitchen. Although this man surely doesn't cook very often, his kitchen is a dream for every cook! It has everything- and that everything is newest and best on the market. I open the fridge and get out fresh blueberries. I wash them before I place them on a dish. Then I get out flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, an egg and butter. I mix the ingredients together before I pull olive oil into a pan. Then I pour the pancake mixture into the pan and let the pancakes get golden on each side. while the second pancake is baking, I'm turning my attention to making coffee.

I feel the water filling my mouth, as the smell of hot fresh coffee with pancakes make it's way into my nose. I get out the fourth pancake and place it on the dish. Then i pour the rest of my pancake mixture into the pan. Suddenly, I'm feeling hands around my waist. Strong, very muscular arms hug me from behind. Then I feel his head resting on my shoulder, "Mhmmmmm.....Smells delicious, Miss Mendoza." he says before he kisses my cheek.

"You ruined my surprise." I say a little disappointed as I turn around.

"You already surprised me by being able to make pancakes. I can only make omelettes, remember?" he says into my brown orbs. Then he loose my hair, by unwrapping my bun. "You should loose your hair more often."

I turn around and flip the pancakes over. "And lasagna, don't forget that."

"Of course, how could I forget my perfect lasagna..." he says and I chuckle.

"How was your sleep?"

"Good."

"No nightmares?"

"No mother, no nightmares" he says, giving me a look as he pours coffee into a cup.

"Don't give me that look, Faulkerson." he echoes me before he kisses me softly.