lights

It had been a few months since Josh had arrived. Tyler started leaving the room more. He didn't put the blindfold on anymore. In fact, he wouldn't even sleep with the light off. He was terrified. He wouldn't let Josh leave the room without him.

"Come on." Josh grabbed Tyler's hand in an effort to drag him to breakfast. "But Joshhhh, Patrick is gonna try to talk to me!" Josh rolled his eyes and dragged Tyler out to the cafeteria. "I hate you." Tyler grumbled. "No you don't." Josh laughed and they got their food and sat down. They sat in silence for a few seconds before Tyler spoke up. "Josh?" Josh smiled and hummed in response. "I've just been wondering.." Tyler began. "Why don't you ever take that sweatshirt off? Doesn't it get hot?" Tyler finished. Josh's smile dropped and he looked down. "I uh..its..I mean..I don't really mind the heat..I uh.,yeah." Josh pulled on his sleeves so they would stay down. Tyler frowned, a concerned expression on his face. Josh shook his head. Tyler sighed and continued eating. "Okay." Patrick soon came running over, jumping into a seat. "Hey guys!" Patrick yelled and smiled. "Hi." Josh and Tyler spoke in unision. Patrick laughed. "That was creepy!" Josh rolled his eyes and chuckled. Tyler shrugged and proceeded to ignore Patrick as he spoke to them. All of a sudden, there was a loud crash and all the lights went out. Tyler screamed and grabbed Josh's arm. Patrick ran back to his friends, who were now under a table. Josh held Tyler close. "Hey, shh, its okay." Josh whispered. Tyler sobbed and tightly gripped onto Josh's shirt. "They're here for me, Josh. They've turned all the lights off so they could get me!" Tyler yelled. Josh shook his head. "Its okay Tyler, I'm here for you, I'm here for you." Josh reassured him. Tyler curled up and Josh pulled him closer. "Just close your eyes. They can't get you if you can't see them." Josh sighed. Tyler nodded and closed his eyes, burying his face in Josh's chest. Josh kissed Tyler's head softly. "I'll protect you." Brendon ran in and yelled. "Sorry everyone, the power went out! But don't worry, we've got the generators going now! Its storming pretty bad outside, so it will take a few minutes. Hang tight." Brendon looked around and saw Ryan cowering in the corner, and went to comfort him.

A few minutes later, the power came back on, and Tyler looked up at Josh with tear stained cheeks and an emotionless stare. He pushed Josh away from him and got up, running back to their room and slamming the door shut, turning the lights off. Josh ran after him. "Tyler, what's wrong??" He burst into the room and stopped breathing. Tyler was on the floor, staring at the wall. The worst part, though, was that he was talking to it. Josh shook his head wildly and ran forwards. "No, Tyler, no no no." He shook Tyler wildly, but got no response. He did the only thing he could think of and picked Tyler up, running towards the bathroom. "Come on, Tyler, please." Tyler didn't respond. He was staring forwards and mumbling things Josh couldn't hear. Josh burst into the bathroom and locked the door, then sat in the tub with Tyler and turned the shower on. He flinched and shivered when he was hit with the freezing cold water. It seeped through his clothes and into his cuts. He shivered and held Tyler close. "Please, Tyler, please." He kissed Tyler's head. It was then that Josh realized he was crying. He tried holding back the tears so he could be strong for Tyler, but couldn't. "Tyler, please!" He could hear people talking outside now. Brendon was trying to get in. Tyler began to move a bit. "Josh, t-they, J-Josh.." Tyler was shivering madly, gripping Josh's soaked shirt. Josh turned the water off and held Tyler, trying to warm him. "Josh I have t-I have to..g-go back they-theyre waiting for me they'll.." Tyler trailed off. "Tyler, no. Stay in the light. Please." Josh smoothed down Tyler's soaking hair. Tyler hesitantly nodded, and curled into Josh for warmth. "I'll protect you." Josh whispered.

Outside of the room, Brendon was looking for the bathroom key. When he found it, he opened the door and sighed when he saw they were both okay. He turned around and was immediately tackled by Patrick. Patrick got up and ran into the bathroom, trying to ask Josh what happened. Josh shook his head and shushed Patrick. Patrick looked confused for a second, then mouthed "oh" and left.

Brendon groaned, still lying on the ground. Ryan sighed and helped him up. "Thanks." Brendon said. "Yeah, whatever." Ryan shrugged. Brendon smiled and they stared at each other for a few seconds, Ryan slowly smiling. Then, Ryan realized he was still holding Brendon's hand. He let go of it and walked away shaking his head. Brendon sighed and turned back to Josh and Tyler, who were still curled up together in the tub, shivering and wet. Brendon went to the closet and got them towels, then draped them over both Josh and Tyler and walked away.

About an hour later, Josh got up and carried Tyler back to their room. He set Tyler down on his bed and went to get him some pajamas. He helped Tyler change out of his soaked clothes, then changed himself. He sat down and pulled Tyler into his arms, hugging him tightly. Tyler, still shivering and sobbing, hugged Josh back. Josh layed them down and pulled the blanket over them. "Go to sleep, Tyler." He whispered. Tyler nodded and curled into Josh. Josh wrapped his arms around Tyler tightly and waited until Tyler fell asleep to go to sleep himself.

"Goodnight, Tyler.."

"..I really like you."
Josh whispered to the sleeping Tyler. He closed his eyes and drifted off the sleep.