Chapter 17

Beth POV...

He was engaged with someone, he was owned by someone, and he was a territory of someone.

The word 'engaged' was like a bomb that exploded to my whole body. Its impact caused my system to feel weak and drained my strength. I also felt numb.

I turned around to see that Clark was on his feet walking towards his father. "How dare you!! You have no right to do that to me!, you have no right to make a decision for me without my consent!, you have no right to pair me with someone I don't know!, and you have no right to engage me with someone you choose for me!. This is my life and I will make a decision for myself with this matter.!"

He was angry, very angry to extent to shout his father. I'd never seen Clark to be liked a very mad man. He was infront of his father, clenching his fist so hard, maybe trying restrain his self for punching the latter. His mother, Señora Alicia stood up immediately from her seat and shifted beside Señoir Alfonso the moment Clark faced his father, maybe she was shocked that her son was mad and shouting to the latter.

"And that is I will only be engaged with the woman I choose, not your choice and not with Mama choice. I will only be engaged and marry with the woman I love and that is Beth."

The Señora and Señoir starred Clark with dissapointment, they looked angry too. "Then I am afraid that you will not end up marrying each other. I tell you Clark you won't win with this. Leave that girl and take your responsibility seriously because you will not going to like what will happen if you will disobey me." Señoir Alfonso said. He was mad as Clark and his voice contained with danger and menance. He was freaking serious. He was totally against us and I could feel he would do everything just to make what he wanted in his way.

He was rich and powerful too and people like him could do whatever he wanted in just one snap of his finger. And with that I could feel fear in my heart, not only for myself but for Clark too.

After a minute of shooting daggers to each others, Clark ceded and left the room. We left the room and went straight out from the house. He did not speak, he just drove off away from their house silently and hastily. He gripped his hand on the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were visible and it turned to white. He was fuming mad inside and he's driving so fast that he poured out his anger by trying to fly his car over. He was not slowing down instead he accelerated his driving even faster, I couldn't see clearly the things we passed by of his car, I could see blurred vision of the mountains and trees.

I was grasping my chair so tight and murmuring my prayers in my mind while closing my eyes. I was chanting my prayers to God silently to keep us safe, that we could go home safe and sound and still in a one piece suit. I was in that state when I heard a loud beeping sound, I immediately opened my eyes only to see it was another car passed by that came from different direction that trying to warn us. But Clark didn't seem to notice it because he did not slowing down a little, he was still driving so fast as if he owned the path.

When I couldn't take my fear anymore, I sat straight and reached for his hand. I clasped his right hand and cluctched it. I looked at him and I saw him darted his gaze to our hands.
Ibinaling niya ang uli ang kanyang mga mata mula sa magkahugpong naming kamay papunta sa akin. When I got his attention I said: "please slow down you're scarring me." After I said those words, I saw his grimmaced face slowly turned to a concern one and turned to a worried one. "Please calm down and slow down". With that he seemed to calm down and slow down and he even stopped the car along the way.
"I'm sorry sweetheart". His voice was heavy. "It just that I'm very mad, I did not expect that Papa could do that to me. I..I..I arghhhhh.." he was so frustrated that he slapped and slapped the steering wheel that it caused to produce a long loud beeping sound. And after letting out his frustration he rested his head in wheel and stayed like that for a while.