Chapter 39- Beach dates and confessions

I wake up to the birds chirping and the sunlight streaming in through the curtains, I yawn and stretch out my arms

I look beside me and realise I'm still in the guest bedroom, not next to Luca. Somehow that thought makes me sad but then I think, I choose to do this.

I sigh and get out of bed groggily walking to the door, I open it quietly noting that it's only 6 in the morning and Luca sleeps in until about 10.

I wish!

I've gotten so used to the routine of waking up from the times of 4-7am for years that it's still a habit.

I open up the fridge and sigh just grabbing out the strawberries, I sit down careful not to scrape the stool against the tiled floor.

"Lily!" Someone chirps, I sigh turning around to face the person who is about to wake up Luca.

"Jake" I say.

"Not so happy to see me?" He questions pouting and sits down on the stool next to me, he grabs a strawberry and bites into it leaving the leafy part out.

"I am happy it's just I'm not keen for you to wake Luca" I say glaring, his mouth opens wide.

"Trouble in paradise I see" he notes.

"Why are you even up at this time in the morning?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why are you?" He fires back.

"I'm used to waking up at this time" I shrug, he shrugs back.

"I would be asleep but I decided to pop in for a visit before I go home and back to bed, I had my early morning training" I nod.

"How have you been?" I ask eating another strawberry, he smiles.

"Pretty good... Boring, but good. My every day life consists of sleeping, eating, training, eating, drinking, more drinking, more eating and more sleeping" I blink.

"Okay then... Once you find your mate you will do lots of things, maybe show her the word" I grin.

"I see you've been watching the vampire diaries" I shrug.

"What can I say? Im hooked on it."

"You girls always watching that sort of crap, you need to watch the walking dead!" He says grinning like a maniac.

"Then why have you watched it?" I raise an eyebrow.

He opens his mouth to speak but shuts it scowling "I like it, it's a good show!" I smirk in triumph.

"Exactly!"

"Jake?" I hear a grumble, we both quickly look upstairs to see Luca looking between the two of us in confusion.

"I was just about to head of, I need to go on my morning run" he says.

"You already went for your-" he puts his hand over my mouth.