【Part 9: Lies】「Satoshi」

Start from the beginning

"Thank you."

"I can escort you to the cafe, and then back to the office. I was going to grab a bite anyway."

"Ah okay."

Takumi ended up walking with me back to the office. I felt extra tense since I was ten minutes late. I also felt disappointed since I didn't get the chance to put the pills in his drink. To think of it, the pills were running short. I hadn't seem Kazuo in a while. It made me think way too much again.

"Don't be nervous, Seiji is a nice guy once you get to know him." Takumi said to me as we stood in the elevator.

"I don't like him, but I know he has a good heart." I replied.

"Indeed. How do you like working here?"

"It's not my forte..." I had to be honest.

"I see. Well at least you get good opportunities."

"Like what?"

"Work experience. If you are buddy buddy with Seiji, he is a great reference for when you seek a new job." He smiles.

"I suppose so." I didn't know how to respond. I wasn't the best to talk to in general.

"Well here is the stop. If he yells, I will back you up." He starts making his way towards the conference room. I trailed behind with the coffee.

When Takumi opened the doors, everyone was in a heated discussion. There was constructive criticism, and ideas being announced out.

Takumi, and I approached Seiji. Seiji had an eyebrow up at me. He said quietly, "you're late."

"I know I am sorry." I bowed.

"It was my fault. I bumped into him, and he had to get more coffee." Takumi causally said.

"Hmm very well. Go sit at your seat Satoshi. I have something to discuss with you Takumi."

I went to sit at my seat. Those two seem pretty casual. I guess that is expected since Takumi is much older than Seiji, and they have had some sort of relationship that went far back.

That evening when I got off, I caught a sight of Takumi leaving the building. I've seen him do that multiple times, but I had the urge to talk to him.

"Hey Takumi!" I called out.

He looks my way, and waves casually. "Hello Satoshi. What is up?"

"Thank you for today again. I really mean that."

"It's no big deal. Get home safely." He smiles, and leaves off towards the elevator.

He is a nice guy. I wonder if he knows of Kazuo. It's best not to pry into anybody else's business anyway. I quickly packed up my things, and left.

I got outside to my car. I saw someone standing next to my car. I couldn't make it out since it was already so dark. I slowly walked towards my parked car, and the shadow walked closer.

"Kazuo?" I said in shock. He was standing in front of me.

"Hey cutie." He walks up to hug me. His scent drew me in. I felt I was in love again. I hugged him tightly.

"Where have you been?" I frowned, looking up at him.

"Hiding. I don't need anyone knowing my whereabouts."

"But your grave is gone. Takuto, and Kyou know..."

Kazuo looked angry. "Well it doesn't matter. Don't let anymore know...got it?" I felt threatened. His words were fierce, and contained a substantial amount of anger.