The Bet athat Broke Me Chapter Twenty Five

I was at peace.

For once I didn't have to worry about dodging life's obstacles. There weren't any where I was. It was just me.

And Aiden.

Last nights sleep was the best I've had in years. Nightmares didn't clog my dreams. Instead, it was a peaceful state; it felt like home. For once I wasn't afraid to wake up the next morning. When I opened my eyes I knew that I wouldn't be alone.

Aiden's arm held me snug with my back pressed against his bare body. He was warm. I pressed my body further against his skin, wanting his warmth all to myself. I never wanted to lose this.

My eyes fluttered open as I flipped on my opposite side so that I was facing him. His eyes were still closed and his chest rose and fell every few seconds. He was still asleep. I took my time admiring him in this unusual state. Although I saw a completely different side of him during the night, this one had to have been my favorite. Last night he had been gentle and as loving towards me as ever. There was patience that he never showed before.

But right now in his sleeping state, he was just Aiden. No hard exterior or cold look in his eyes. He was relaxed instead of tensed like usual. For once he looked innocent.

"Are you going to stare at me all morning, Ali?" His mouth opened although his eyes remained closed.

"I thought you were still sleeping." Now aware that he was awake, I shied away as I realized my naked body was pressed against his own.

When he realized I had moved my body off of his his eyes shot down to my red face.

"You look so fucking innocent when you blush like that." Before I could pull the sheets higher up, his lips shot down onto my forehead before they reached my lips.

When he pulled away for air I pulled the sheets to my chin and peered up at his gorgeous face. His hair was wild from last night and had been claimed by the bed. And my hands.. His chest was bare- putting his perfectly toned body on show. If I didn't stop myself; I knew we would be repeating last night, so I tried to change the subject, "How did you sleep?"

"You're laying naked in my bed, and you're asking me how I slept, Ali?" I looked up before giving a faint nod.

"Like a fucking baby." He grinned ear from ear. I hoped a baby hadn't slept like that.

"How did you sleep, Alison?"

"It was nice," I pulled my hands out of the covers and let my fingers trace patterns over his chest. "It felt nice." It felt perfect.

"Although Lily and David are probably worried out of their minds." There's no doubt that they waited up for me and Hailey to come home. Honestly, I didn't even tell Hailey goodbye last night. I just wanted to be with Aiden.

I knew it was selfish to make them sick with worry and wonder, but I wanted to take this time for myself. I was tired of abiding by the rules. My whole life has been a rule book and I've followed every single one. But with Aiden I didn't have to. We made our own.

"As much as I'd love to stay in this bed all day with you; my parents will be wanting me home before they decide to call the police." David wouldn't go to that length but Lily could talk him into it. She had a problem overthinking and although she knew I was with Aiden; it wouldn't keep her from worrying about something bad happening to me.

"It's okay, we will have other mornings together." Aiden smiled down at me.

I wanted a million morning with him. A million nights.

"Where the hell were you?" Hailey was sitting up in her bed when I got home. Lily and David had already left for work by time I got home so I'd have to apologize later.