Pokemon School #74 ~ A Grant Surprise!

The two trainers triggered mega evolution for their first time as everyone in the stadium watched in excitement when both Sceptile and Blastoise began to glow.

Sceptile began to grow in size as two large blades grew on top and underneath both of its green arms. Two small points grew out of the top of its head, a large bush in the shape of a cross formed on Sceptile's chest and the mega evolution finished when Sceptile's tail was slowly got devoured by a large bush.

As Sceptile finished in the process of mega evolution, Blastoise was evolving into a much larger form as a third cannon formed on its back and hanged over its head. The two current cannons on Blastoise shoulders moved to the top of its arms, but shrinked in size.

Commentator: Mega evolution has occurred! Ash and Gary have activated Blastoise and Sceptile's mega evolutions!

Sycamore: Didn't I say this last battle would be surprising?!

Hau: I knew Ash had a Sceptilite, but I never knew Gary had a mega stone for Blastoise too!

Lillie: They can master evolution?!

Serena: We don't know exactly, but this is the first time they're using it I think, so maybe we will see if they can use the power of megas or not.

Sycamore: In order to master mega evolution the trainer and Pokemon must share a strong bond between each other.

???: The professor is right! They must share a unique bond in order to bring out the full potential.

Sycamore: Would you look at that! Grant the cyllage city gym leader! What a surprise to see you here!

Grant: I couldn't miss the Sycamore High tournament! Just looking at the battlefield now I can already tell this battle has been full of confidence!

Sycamore: Take a seat! A mega battle between Sceptile and Blastoise is about to happen!

Grant quickly took the seat next to Sycamore as the battle between Ash and Gary's last Pokemon each got underway.

Gary: Those frubbles should be gone now! So use Hydro Pump!

Blastoise bent over and aimed the large cannon straight at Sceptile firing a powerful jet stream of water.

Ash: Use your speed and dodge!

Sceptile: Tile...

Instead of listening to Ash's command Sceptile stood dead still and prepared himself for the impact of the Hydro Pump.

Ash: Sceptile?! Dodge it!

Sceptile: Tile...

Sceptile once again ignored Ash and took the impact of the Hydro Pump attack.

Gary: What's going on with Sceptile?.... Its not moving. Oh well! Lets win this battle Blastoise!

Blastoise: Blast!

Gary and Blastoise stood with pure confidence while Ash and Sceptile struggled to communicate between each other.

Serena: What's going on with Sceptile?

Clemont: Its not listening to Ash! Why is that professor?

Sycamore: Hmmm.... I have heard before from a trainer that when she used mega evolution her Pokemon wouldn't listen to her because the power of mega evolution was too much for the Pokemon to handle, but after some special trainer she and her Pokemon managed to control mega evolution.

Grant: Looks like Sceptile and Ash are experiencing the same thing.

Hau: But what about Gary and Blastoise? They seem to be working together perfectly fine.