Chapter 44

I smiled at the class, the big light in the sky getting even brighter. I heard Karasuma screaming something into his phone, probably trying to get them to cancel the launch. It's too late, they probably won't believe him.
"Well, guys. This is it." I sprouted the wings out of my back. "I guess you've finally seen how much of a monster I truly am..." I looked back up at the sky. It should be shooting soon. "So, Karma. I guess this is the end. We had a good run, mate." I smirked over at him, winking.
"Even when you're dying, you still manage to make stupid jokes and call people 'mate'... It's really anticlimactic." his comment was followed by a few sobs as he ran up to me, engulfing me in a hug. I could feel a small smile come onto my face.
"...I don't want to die." I felt a tear roll down my cheek, others soon following as I hugged him back. "Big brother... He told me that I can stay here... He said that I can stay here with you and live... He was supposed to live as well... It's all gone wrong." I felt him stroke my hair. "Karma... Do you want to do it?" I saw his eyes widen and he stopped abruptly. I shouldn't have asked, I've freaked him out. "I'm sorry... It was only if you wanted to..." I felt him put one hand behind my back, the other going under my legs as he picked me up, sitting down on the ground with me in his lap. I looked up at the red-head, seeing more tears rolling down his face as his thumb came in contact with my cheek, caressing it. I smiled slightly and saw him take out an anti-sensei knife. He leaned in, catching my lips with his and pulling me into a passionate kiss. The cold tears on his face began to meld with mine as we both cried silently. He pulled away and stared at me in the eyes.
"I love you, (y/n)..."
"I love you too, Karma." More tears began to cascade down our faces as he leaned in again, kissing me once more as I felt his arm lift up, ready to stab me.
"WAIT!!!! DON'T!!!!!" we heard Karasuma scream, making us separate and turn towards him. "They took down the wall, but can't stop the launch. It'll launch in 3 minutes, we need to get her off of the mountain." I immediately felt Karma grab my hand and begin to sprint down the mountain with me in tow. Only 1 minute left... We need to make it. He was significantly faster than me, and I can't fly otherwise they might see me as a threat. Fuck. He tugged harder on my wrist, clearly encouraging me to go faster. I'm running at my top speed and I don't know if I can make it.
"Fuck, just use your wings. It's the only way, you won't make it otherwise." I follow his command and spread them out, flying down the mountain as fast as I could manage until I'm almost at the bottom, where I start running again instead and sink my wings back into my back. I reach the bottom and put my hands on my knees, panting heavily. I look up and see a large beam of light shooting down onto the mountain. I made it. I feel an exhausted smile stretch across my face as I lean against a wall, soon seeing a cocky red-head emerge from the forest. I lazily wave at him as I see him let out a sigh of relief. I stroll over to him, my breathing now somewhat steady. I look around, seeing multiple armed guards pointing guns at us. Shit. How did I not notice this before?!?! I quickly grab Karma's hand and we start running into the forest once more. After about 30 seconds of running, I decide that I'm too lazy to do anymore exercise and let the wings sprout from my back. I must admit, they really do come in handy. I grab his hand and smirk at him.
"You ready to fly, flamethrower?"
"Sure thing, shorty." I roll my eyes at him and begin to fly off with him, reaching the class shortly. They all immediately sighed in relief when they saw me still alive. We all went into the class, seeing two books on everyone's desk. My desk had one difference, though... I had three books. Like everyone else, I had the yearbook and advice from Koro-sensei, but... The third book had 'big brother and little sister' written across the front. I opened it, seeing a picture of me and big brother after our first assassination with a final note from my big brother.
'To my little sister,
I'm so sorry that you were left alone for so long. I'm sorry that you spent so long oblivious to the fact that your teacher and your brother were one in the same. A life of assassination is not one for you, but it is clear to me now that a life with Karma is...' The note ended there and I turned to the next page, seeing the pictures that he took of me and Karma when we were dressed as an angel and a demon. The note continued, '...You will live on, my final wish will be for you not to be an angel of death, but an angel of music. Go ahead, this world is where you belong, it's where you're happy. It's a shame that I won't be able to walk you down the aisle, or give you my blessing in the future, but I will always be here...' I felt tears start to appear in the corners of my eyes as I turned to see the next page. A picture of me and big brother smiling and laughing appeared.
'in your memories.'