XIV. ➵ pretty in pink

Start from the beginning

'Right'

'He won't even talk to me'
He laughs.
'I've been getting death glares and Kelly is being his messenger apparently'

'Well, I'm pretty sure your dad and the three of us are the only ones who know you did it other than Ron and whatever the other one's name is'

'Rolland'
I rasp.
'Rolland is his name'

'Right!'
She nods.
'Rolland'

Carl looks at me, biting his cheek.
'Do you wanna go make out on my couch?'

'Wow, okay'
Enid's eyes widen.
'I'm gonna go now, it was nice meeting you'

'It was nice meeting you too'

When she walks away, I cover my face with my hands to hide the blushing before he giggles.
'So, is that a yes?'

'It's a yes'

He was a little grumpy on the way to his house, but as soon as he pushed me down onto the couch, it was like he was a completely different person.

Straddling my thighs, he wraps his arms around my neck and slowly leaves small kisses on my bottom lip. It was a teasing thing that he did, for some reason it always got me so hot and bothered, and he knew that. He's my oxygen, but that may or may not be my drug.

'M-most people mourn after a funeral'

'I didn't like the kid'
He mumbles, flicking the cap off my head.
'Those people out there... they can mourn. I'm gonna celebrate with my very sexy boyfriend'

'I-I-I guess I'm just used to be emotional'
I peep.
'I used to cry whenever I got a splinter'

'When I was little, I used to cry whenever I caught my mom cheating on my dad'

I freeze, eyes wide open with furrowed eyebrows before he grins.

'But I'm not supposed to talk ill about the dead, so, rest in peace momma bear'

Further into our make out session, I heard heavy boots clonking against the wood floors of the living rooms.

Carl wasn't phased, but I most certainly was. Obviously I didn't completely stop kissing him, but I also kept eyeing the man who sent us a glare while he walked to the kitchen.

'No kissing on the couch, Carl'
He growls.
'You know that, and you need to quit'

Being the spiteful child he is, his tongue pokes out to lick a stripe up my bottom lip slowly, eyes on his dad as I sit there awkwardly and allow him to do whatever.

With a loud giggle, he climbs off of me and grabs my hand, slowly pulling me towards the stairs when he looks over at the southern man and clears his throat.
'I'll be in my room, Rick'

If possible, the tension rose to a new high. The air felt thick and the environment was absolutely suffocating. The amount of disrespect was insane between the two of them, and I literally couldn't even take sides on this one.