Best Song Ever

Harry sat at the bar, nervously clutching his drink. He was besides getting brutally wasted that night, so he took slow evenly spaced sips, thinking about nothing and everything all at once. He looked nervously over each shoulder, and tried to take in everything that was going on around him. The overwhelming stench of alcohol, the giant crowds of intoxicated couples, dancing sloppily out on the floor. It made him sick. But he couldn’t shake the feeling of discontent that he was the only lad there without a girl to dance with, or even talk to. He was snapped out of his thoughts as arguing arose from the other side of the room. Harry craned his neck to see what was going on. A tall, slender, brunette was standing firmly at the door, arguing with the obviously irritated bouncers. Harry strained to listen, but could only catch a few series of words.

“No, I don’t give a rip if I’m not on the list….. My family owns this place…… Do you want to lose your petty, pathetic job?.... I’m going in whether you like it or not!” She suddenly pushed past the guards, and strutted to the bar. Something about the way she walked intrigued Harry, as he got up to sit beside her at the other end of the counter. She eyed him suspiciously, as Harry sent her a sensual wink.

“I’ll take a beer, and grab one for the lady as well.” He said casually, “And make it quick.” The lady behind the bar glowered at him.  Harry dismissed it, and turned to face the gorgeous, blue eyed babe sitting timidly in front of him.

“Hi, I’m Harry Styles.” He insisted, smiling genuinely, and eyeing the expensive dress she wore. He admired the way it displayed every curve, and matched her eyes perfectly. “And you are?”

“Georgia Rose McLennan.” She replied confidently, as if her name was supposed to make Harry want to stand and bow. She didn’t seem to notice his misunderstanding as she was too busy staring awkwardly at the hand he held out for her to shake. He immediately dropped it back down to his side.

“So, love. Do you want to get back to my place?” He offered, sending her a playful wink. She seemed to catch on to what he really meant, and rolled her eyes.

“Never in your wildest dreams, curly. Besides, before I go anywhere with someone I at least like to know a little bit about them.” She thanked the waitress as she handed her the drink, and gradually began taking sips of it.

“Well, why don’t we start with you?” Harry offered, calmly grasping the beer the bartender had sloshed in front of him.

“Well, let’s see, my family owns this pub. Aside that, my mum works in a bakery, and my dad’s a dentist.”

“You’re mum’s a baker you say?” he asked, a sly smile spreading across his face.

“Yeah…”

“Now I understand where you got those perfect buns.” He couldn’t hold it in, as he belted out a chuckle at his awful pick up line.

“Wow, you’ve got yourself a pretty dirty mouth Mister Styles.” She stated sarcastically.

Harry’s laughing calmed as a questioning look appeared on his face.

“Is that bad?” Harry asked, teasingly

“Don’t worry,” she continued. “I never said I didn’t like it.”

Harry watched her eyes look from his own, down to his mouth before she pressed her lips into his.

They stayed like that for a moment before she grabbed his hand and led him out to the dance floor, without a word.

Harry was fully content now that he finally had someone to dance with. They got there just as the track began to change. Harry was relieved when his favorite song boomed over the speakers. He smiled, thankful that this was the song that he would be dancing to with the girl that stole his heart. He caught her smiling at him, as he belted out the lyrics he hadn’t realized he was singing. She caught on, and began singing too. Both of them perfectly in tune with each other, and the song. They danced as well, and all the way through, neither of them missed a single line.

 Four more hours later, Harry couldn’t even keep track of how many songs they’d danced to. He was just enjoying the feeling of her arms wrapped around him.

 As the latest song was coming to an end, someone’s phone began to buzz.

Georgia looked down confused, and slipped her hand into her pocket.

“That’s mine.” She stated. “Hold on…” she pressed a button and put the phone to her ear.

Harry followed curiously as she turned and walked to a quiet corner of the club.

“Yeah….No, I’m at Bestille right now….No, I’m sorry…I guess I just lost track of time…No, please don’t yell…I’m fine, really….okay, I’ll be there soon…Bye.” Georgia let out a frustrated sigh, and shoved her phone back into her pocket. She jumped as she turned to find Harry standing only inches away.

“That was my dad. I’m sorry, but I have to go. It was nice meeting you Harry.” She mumbled, scrambling to find her way to the doors.

“But…Can I have your number?” He called after her.

She turned around and yelled one last thing back to Harry before disappearing into the crowd.

Even today Harry isn’t entirely sure what she had said to him. He’s just glad he can still remember the tune of the first song he danced to with Georgia, even though he’s well forgotten the title, let alone the lyrics. He often wonders if she still thinks about him, and that night. And if she remembers Harry, the way he remembers her.