Chapter 4

A week had passed, the day of the dance at Westview was in 2 days. Oulimore, Itraya, Scarwood, Highburn, Ipomoea and Dawnsbury royal families were meant to go, and the general of the kingdom's army. Kieran's father was still sick, which meant he had to go instead.

          I was in my room. It was early afternoon, and I was getting ready for the dance. I was wearing a dark green dress with black lace borders, a lace choker with a dark green jewel. 

"You look beautiful." Said my personal hairdresser, Elizabeth. "The color suits your eyes, plus, it's a big change from the color blue." She said.

"Blue is a beautiful color."

"I agree, but people have to try new styles, am I wrong?", she said and kept doing her work. I didn't respond and kept looking straight to the mirror in front of me, then I turned my head to the window, the sun was setting and few stars were up already. 

"Do I have to do this?", I asked Elizabeth.

"Of course! This a big opportunity you must not miss!", she said as she kept doing my hair. I ignored her comment, I was hoping someone would understand me, not even Kieran was against it, or at least he didn't seemed to be. When Elizabeth finished, she took some steps back to admire. "King Alastair will fall roundly to your feet, miss Clementine." She said. I really liked how I looked like, but the idea of Alastair falling to my feet made me feel an annoyance running down my spine, total, she wasn't the one forced into marriage if chosen. Fortunately, I had planned the way I had to act towards Alastair, and it was perfect, just perfect, I was sure I wouldn't be acting rude nor nice towards him, and I was hoping that Alastair disliked those who couldn't get into his arms easily.

-

It was time to leave. The trip to Westview would take 2 days, exactly 2 days. Dawnsbury was the closest kingdom to Westview according to the map, that's why we took the royal horse-carriage. My family was already inside and waiting for Kieran and me. Since Kieran's father was still sick, he had to go with us as a request in Alastair's card. 

Kieran took a deep breath as he helped me get inside, "Are you going to be ok?" He asked, with his unyielding eyes wide. I nodded, 

"Yeah, everything's going to be alright." I said, my sentence sounded deceitful enough for Kieran. I got inside the horse-carriage, then Kieran, who sat next me. My parents were in front of us. The carriage had comfortable beige seats you could fall asleep without even realizing it, and mahogany walls. My mother was wearing a purple and black dress, and my father was wearing a white and black dance ball suit. Everyone had a smile on their face but me, who was daydreaming until my mother broke the silence.

"How do you feel about this Kieran?", she asked. I turned my head to my friend, who searched for his words for a moment.  He had never had a friendly conversation with my parents before.

"Um... Well, I'm curious... I have never been to Westview, but I doubt I will dislike it."

"What do you think about Dawnsbury?" My father asked in a challenging tone. Kieran seemed intimidated by that.

"It's impossible to be unfaithful to Dawnsbury, I'll always be loyal to it." He said. My father nodded with a smile on his face, he was satisfied with his answer, and I was glad. They kept talking and I kept daydreaming. The moon was up, it had a blue tone, it looked beautiful I was regretting that I wasn't wearing my blue and black dress for the dance. "Look at the moon, Clementine." Kieran said peering outside the window. I ignored his comment until he talked again. "It's color matches your eyes." He added. I turned my head to him with wide eyes, he didn't seem to notice. I rolled my eyes and kept looking at the moon, the night scenery was so beautiful, I wanted a painting of it on my room's wall. My mother and father had fallen asleep already, fortunately, they didn't snort.

Two days passed, I was hungry but didn't want to eat anything until we arrived to Westview. I was suffering an uncomfortable feeling inside my belly, it bothered me all the way to that kingdom. What if I got truly chosen? Marrying a man way older than me? No way... I was hoping someone would understand that feeling, but no one would truly understand me or help me anyways...