The Battle Begins

Start from the beginning

I gulped. The whole clan was gathered around. If I were a regular ninja I would have called this convenient as they are all gathered in the same place, but I'm not an ordinary ninja. I knew that this was a disadvantage as we were now outnumbered with one person from the team, me, not willing to kill.

"Course of action?" Ayame asked her twin. I was sort of hurt that Ayame wouldn't ask me, the captain, but then I realized that it was more logical to ask her as I was hesitant to fight anyway.

"Honestly? I'm no strategist," I didn't miss the look she threw me when she said that, "but I know that they're probably going to attack first. Any ideas, Kira?"

I sighed before clearing my mind. I swallowed roughly as a serious expression took over my face. They stiffened as they immediately noticed the sharp gleam that now glowed in my eyes.

I analyzed our opponents. Now that I took a second look, I noticed that all of the members gathered around were ranging between the age of 16-40. The elders and children were nowhere to be seen.

"Kira, I heard that the elders and children left the village a few days beforehand. That's why the rumors initially began. The rain village was wondering where this small clan was headed to. I believe a group of Chunin and a few Jonin confronted that group. Were you not listening to Pein at all?"

I ignored Kanna's little jab as I processed this information.

"Then what about that little girl that we saw earlier?"

"I'm not sure. She seemed to be the only child in the village. Maybe she was being left behind or taken with this group. She does have different colored eyes than everyone in this clan. In fact, I sense her chakra nearby. She's watching this happen."

I see. So that means-

"There are exactly 26 people in this part of the clan," I started, "the optimal fighting strategy is to take on half/half."

"What do you m-mean?" Ayame questioned, "there are three of us. We can't split that evenly-"

"Unless you plan on splitting it between two people?" Ayumi finished while glaring at me.

"Of course," I began to explain, "I know that you and Ayame's fighting style include each other. So I'm not separating you two. That wouldn't be the smartest course of action."

"So you do plan to fight then?" Ayumi asked with her eyebrow raised.

Fight...not kill.

I nodded, "yes, but we need a good strateg-"

I was cut off when I saw a barrage of kunai fly at us.

"To be honest, I was wondering when they would attack already. I mean, they were literally just standing there for the whole minute and a half you took to explain things. You're so slow."

"Oh shut it! I'm not a strategist. Plus, I suck under pressure!"

"Ayumi! Ayame! You two take on the left half of the group. I'd say you've got around 13 people to handle. I'll try to get the other 13, but don't get too far away," I told them seriously before running towards the enemy.

"No, stupid! Let them make the first move!"

I watched as they simultaneously pulled out blades and waited for my approach.

(AN: yes, I totally made up the techniques, lol)

"Kitsu style: Water slice!" One man yelled out.

He raised his blade and slashed it towards me in a fluid motion. An ark of water flew towards me and I quickly evaded, only to see several water slices coming my way.

So glad I learned to dodge!

I then teleported behind a man and held my kunai up.

My hand froze. What if this man has a wife? Maybe children. Can they live without him? What if their daughter lost her mother only a year ago? Would she survive the blow of loosing her father too? I quickly shook my head. I need to stop thinking about myself.

I was quickly thrown out of my thoughts as the man gasped and took advantage of my state to quickly grab my neck.

It was my turn to gasp now. My kunai fell uselessly to the ground as he tightened his grip on my airways.

"K-Kira!"

"Kira! You useless pig! What the fuck are you doing?!"

"What's this?" The man asked as he stared at my necklace. More specifically, the mirror.

"KIRA! Don't let him remove the necklace! We have already been bonded! Removing it will cause an immediate reaction, which will release her!"

My hands fell from my neck to my sides as I no longer had enough energy or air to move. I hung limply in the man's grip as he smirked and ripped off my necklace.

Hey, now that I get a closer look at this man...I'm sure he's the guy that was with that little girl earlier. I inwardly let out a bitter laugh. That's all I'm thinking about when I'm about to die? What a useless coward I turned out to be. Well, at least I have more respect for Sakura now. It's harder then it looks to actually be useful.

Before my vision went dark I faintly heard Kanna scream in my head as a new dark presence took over my body.

"KIRA!"