Chapter 2.3: Offshore

The morning after the storm; the sky had cleared only drawing some scattered white clouds. The sea was choppy by the previous day storm. The children were rehearsing some melodies in one of the pianos of the warehouse, surrounded by explosives and in the light of a candle; but so far, there had been no incidents of any kind. Martin found some fishing rods. They used some waste from the kitchen, to improvise some excellent bait.

Martina told his namesake:

"They say 'it's good fishing in troubled waters'. I guess that applies to river and sea. What do you think Martin?"

"I hope so miss."

Martin felt more and more attracted to her friend. He admired her delicate features that were able to convey so many emotions when relating with such sweetness and passion the adventure books they read together.

He closed his eyes, reliving her touch just a moment ago. She stopped playing to correct the position of his fingers on the violin.
He erred purposely to provoke her corrections. She smiled, encouraged him fruitlessly to correct himself and finally surrendered just get so close, that he could smell the sweet, aromatic and bewitching essence of her hair.

She touched him softly bristling his arm's hair. His sweet voice surrounded him. He had forced himself to close his eyes to fill with the feelings that shut his other senses. Was the same girl that was able to climb with him to the mainmast. His scoundrel friend, concealing his intentions in gallantry, invited her to climb first.

As much as he tried, he never saw beyond many folds of petticoats. She was the same girl who talk about scatological body issues, played spitting to distance either to see who made it further, who was right on a stationary target from a higher level, or sometimes to prevent a mobile one.

In some uncomfortable  occasions, they had to apologize to some sailors for having failed this last mission. He loved that she always covered him.

They plotted to go crazy to his father by hiding things from him, and sometimes they even dare to hide the whiskey from the captain. Most of the pranks, were the girl's idea and more and more Martin felt he had found her soulmate, not only in name. But for her, he was still a child. He needed to do something that unite them forever. So they could meet once both were old enough to love alike.

"I would like to know your country Martina" said hopping someday fulfill that dream. His voice betrayed a certain melancholy due the different destinations their lives seems to have.

"Of course you will! You are starting a sailor career. Cape Horn is a forced way to the Pacific, and therefore it is my country. How would not you go? Furthermore, you are welcome in my house. You'll always have a friend in Argentina."

To Martin it sounded like a dream, all the adventures that awaited him in that almost inhospitable land. Wanted to have three more years so each time he took her hand, she feels the same tingle that ran capriciously through his skin. He wanted to have five more inches to not look like a small child. So she don't have to look down at him but look at him straight in the eye every time she speak to him. In order to slowly approach and steal a kiss from her. To feel he had a chance. To compete for her as the knights for their damsel's handkerchief.

Lionard's interloper look, that was inspected them carefully, interrupted the story of the young lady and Martin's thoughts.
Finding himself discovered, he decided to approach and speak openly...

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Thank you for reading so far!!
I'm pretty sure I couldn't transmit the emotions as in my Spanish version, but I hope you could get a 10% of it at least. Please don't be shy I like being corrected!! Lol!
Thanks!!!