Frikey-I Won't Give Up

"I don't know how many times we have to go through this, Frank! Actually, we shouldn't have to at all! You're mine, and only mine!"

"And I'm telling you that I didn't cheat!"

"You were flirting with that man!"

"No I wasn't! When will you stop being so overly attached and jealous? I know you have anxiety and depression and shit, but fuck, let me live my life!"

"Don't bring up my depression and anxiety," Mikey said, furious.

"And while we're at it, let's bring up your self harm. I can't fix everything, Mikey!" Frank yelled.

"So I suppose you're ready to give up, huh?" Mikey threw out, not expecting an answer.

"Yes, I am!"

Nothing but silence followed. Frank could see the hurt on Mikey's face, but didn't say anything.

"Really?" Mikey asked quietly, the tears in his voice audible.

"Really."

Silence.

"Well let me make it easy for you; I'm leaving."

Mikey ran down the hall to their room, grabbing an overnight bag and stuffing most of his clothes into it. Frank, finally realizing what was going on, ran after him.

"Wait, Mikey-what are you doing?"

"Leaving," he answered shortly, tears making their way down his face. "Obviously you don't love me as much as I thought you did. Stupid me."

"Mikes, I do love you! I love you more than you could ever know!"

"Not if you're ready to give up on me."

Mikey head towards the door, Frank trailing helplessly behind him. "Mikey, please don't."

"Why shouldn't i? You're giving up on me anyway!"

Frank grabbed Mikey's arm and pulled him to his chest. "Please," Frank said softly. "Don't go."

Mikey jerked away. "Bye Frank.""

And with that, Mikey was gone.
~~~~~~~~~
That night was rough for the nth of them. Frank didn't sleep and Mikey, well, Mikey added some new scares to the ever growing list.

Mikey didn't feel good enough for Frank-he never did. And Frank saying the things he did about giving up...they got to him.

With red eyes and a runny nose, he was walking back up to Frank's house to retrieve his things. He had barely knocked on the door when it opened, revealing a disheveled Frank.

"Mikey," he sighed in relief. "You're here."

"To get my things."

Franks face dropped. "What?"

"I gave up before you could give up on me. I can't handle the rejection, Frank. So I did it before you could."

"Please, no," Frank whispered, his eyes filling with tears once more. "Don't leave me."

"I can't, Frank..."

"Please," he choked out, dropping to his knees. "I love you. I didn't mean what I said last night. I can't lose you. "

He reached up, lifting Mikey's shirt and revealing dozens of scars and fresh cuts. His eyes grew sad. "Despite these, I love you. And I'll never give up on trying to fix you." He leaned up and brushed his lips against them.

Mikey broke down in tears, covering his face with his hands. "I love you too, Frank. "

Frank stood up and wrapped his arms around the lanky boy. They stood there awhile and knew that they were going to be okay.

Frank leaned in, kissing Mikey. "Trust me, Mikey. I won't give up."