Chapter Twenty One

"Well?" I asked after a moment of silence passed by.

Brett sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I checked to make sure I wasn't drooling at him. "I lied."

"Hm?" I hummed, thoroughly lost, and we'd only spoken a mere few sentences.

"When I said the kiss meant nothing? I lied. It meant everything to me! I realized I liked you a long time ago, but I was too much of a coward to do anything about it. Before I knew it, I was too far in to turn back. And you know what? It's is freaking scary. So I gathered up the courage to tell you earlier, but I chickened out at the last second. I hated myself for it, and I took it out on you. I'm so, so sorry. Raina, I like you too much to just be friends. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I felt like a five-hundred-pound weight was lifted off of me. The sun was shining, birds were singing, but I didn't let it show. I decided to mess with him. I pretended to contemplate for a second. "No."

"What?" His eyes widened, and he began sputtering. "No, I-I... Raina... uh--"

"-- Oops, I lied. Yes, you fool, I'll be your girlfriend!" I cheekily interrupted.

Brett gaped for a second before breaking out the biggest smile I'd seen on his face. I immediately lunged forward and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands found the small of my back and he looked into my eyes.

"Raina Mitchell, you are all mine." Without a second thought, he closed the gap between our lips. This kiss was unlike the first. It was addictive. I wanted to be closer to him, never let go.

I ran my hand through his hair while the other clutched the front of his shirt. I can feel his abs... That's not awkward, though, 'cause I'm his GIRLFRIEND!

He pulled me into his lap and I definitely wasn't complaining. We stopped, because, a) we heard a scream from outside, and b) unfortunately, oxygen was necessary to live.

I sat there on Brett's lap. His lips were swollen, his hair was a mess, and he was panting. I grinned at the fact that I did that.

Another squeal caught our attention and my eyes widened. I scrambled off of Brett and outside to see what happened. Laur was giggling and jumping up and down, and Alex and Cameron were blushing and looking anywhere but each other.

I didn't miss both their swollen lips, which reminded me of my own. But it was too late.

"Cam and Alex are a couple, and now you too?" Laur squeaked. When I nodded, she buried her face in her hands. "I can't, I just can't. Oh, my LORD! THIS IS LITERALLY TOO MUCH CUTENESS TO HANDLE!" she yelled, but it was muffled by her palms.

Brett, who was standing behind me in the doorway chuckled and wrapped his arms around me from behind. His chin rested in the crook of my neck and his breath tickled it. Consequently, my blood pressure spiked and my face became hot.

Brett definitely noticed as he began trailing his fingers over the cloth that covered my stomach. My breath hitched, and I felt him smirk behind me.

I narrowed my eyes and pushed him away from me, then turned and crossed my arms. "Don't make me regret it."

"Oh, we both know you won't, even if you wanted to," my boyfriend (I loved saying that) chuckled. And honestly, he was right.

Finally, an update!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. SO so sorry. I think that the chapters of the story that I didn't have up yet deleted themselves, and I was searching for them everywhere. I finally managed to get them back, so... yay!

I've started on my next story! I know this one SUCKED. But I think I'll keep it up, just to see how far it gets. Sadly, I'm pretty sure most of the views I have right now are mine and my best friends :(

So, if you're not me or my best friend, leave a comment, vote, share, and follow me. Thank you guys soo much. Mwah!