8

Josie's pov

After I lost all my lives on candy crush, I decided to watch some tv, the house was very boring.

The lady had been gone for a few hours now and I didn't even have time to ask her for her name. I called my mom and told her that I had made it safely and that I was okay. She said that she was still at the hospital and that she would call me later in the night.

So this was how my life was turning out. Hiding out in a house far away from my family and friends.

I hope Kacey and Janelle aren't too worried about me.

I miss them so much.

I snuggled closer to one of the pillows under me. I realized quickly that comedy wasn't that funny when you're watching it alone. I rested my head against the couch and sighed.

I found my mate today,

. . . and he is the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my entire life.

I smiled softly at myself. Even if my heart was aching for him to be here, near me, by my side, there was that percentage of fear in my heart that he'd turn out to be just like my bastard of a father. I blinked away the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

His eyes, the way he looked at me before I ran from him. Those beautiful green orbes, his whole being was perfect. I closed my eyes and silently thanked the moon goddess for such a beautiful mate.

I really wish he was here.

My mom said that it is my decision, I still don't know what I'm going to do about my mate, it's so confusing. My heart and my head are fighting against each other.

My thoughts were instantly interrupted by a strange sound. My eyes immediately darted to the window and I swear I saw something lurking in the shadows.

I quickly shot up from the couch and looked around frantically. The hairs on my skin stood up. I swear there's someone there,

Leo's pov

The wind blew against my fur as I charged towards where my mate could possibly be.

I could've taken the car but I wanted to go look at the location myself. If she really was there then I wouldn't want to show up in a car and scare her away. I needed to be careful with her.

A rush of excitement ran through my veins as the thought of seeing her ran through my mind.

My paws ran as fast as they could and that was pretty fast. Being the biggest wolf in this pack, second to my father of course, it wasn't very hard to pick up speed. I smiled when I saw I was near the houses. I slowed down once I was close enough to one. There were three houses here and I was certain that she's in one of them.

I shifted back into my human form, I should've thought about what I was going to do without any clothes, I wasn't going to show up in front of her naked, I didn't have any problem with that but I think she wouldn't be too happy.

I looked through one of the windows and saw no one, I went around and tried the door, it opened. I walked in with caution, wouldn't be wise to cause a scene. I searched through all of the rooms and found absolutely no one. I walked into one of the bedrooms and found some clothes.

It's not stealing, its just borrowing without permission, I'll return them one day.

After wearing the clothes, I continued my search. I silently got out of the house, making sure I left everything as it was. I walked to the next house, trying to be careful as there was a lot of leaves and twigs on the ground.

The sun was already gone and the moon was shining on all parts of the ground. I slowly looked through the window and my face instantly touched the glass as my eyes scanned her. She was lying on a couch watching something on tv. Her hair was swept to one side and she was staring off to the sky, I could only see her head as the rest of her body was covered by the couch.

"Go get her" Adriaan pressured me.

"She's right there, she's our mate" he continued.

"Oh just keep quiet, I don't want her running again" I scolded him

I continued to watch her, my eyes couldn't get enough. I'd probably go to jail for stalking a girl outside her window but she is my mate, don't I automatically have the right to harmlessly look at her. A small smile graced her lips or was it a blush,  whatever it was, I was dying to find out what she was thinking about.

One day she'll smile when she looks at me, blush when I compliment her, my knuckles turned white against the window, Adriaan wanted to make his guest appearance, he wanted our mate just like I did, if not then more.

In my fit of conflict with Adriaan, i stepped on a twig and it broke, the sound flew straight through my ears and I wondered if she heard me or not. I quickly hid away from the window and decided on finding a way in.

I hope she didn't see me through the window. That wouldn't be too good since would tarnish the whole surprise element. I found a back door and smiled as the door opened. My smile fell realizing that the door was unlocked, which meant that anyone could've just waltzed in and done who knows what. Lucky enough for her, this burglar wouldn't do anything to harm to her.

I found myself in the kitchen, I looked around and she was nowhere to be seen. The lights were switched off everywhere except for the living room where the t.v was still mindlessly playing.

My feet kept on walking till I found myself standing in the middle of a dimley lit hallway. I stopped because I could smell her, so close.

"Stop or I'll shoot you" she warned standing behind me pressing something cold against my neck. I nearly broke out laughing but I didn't want to seem rude to my mate. She wouldn't be able to hurt me even if she wanted to, my pain would hurt her more.

I turned around, grabbed her arm and twisted her around so her back was pressed against my front.

She whipped her head to the side and looked at me with realization.

"You" she stuttered, eyes wide

"Yes Josephine" I paused ,

"me" I smiled down at her.

****

I apologise for not updating in so long, I've been busy with school lately but if you enjoyed this chapter, please click the little star on your screen. I'm so happy at how far this book has come and thank you to all my readers for sticking around.