The Sinking of the Tetris

Her long purple dress moved around her legs as she stood on the top deck. She was looking straight out at the blue ocean surrounding them. The wind was quickly pushing their sails, causing the boat to cut through the waves at high speeds. She could feel the mists from them hit her face, making her smile.

 She loved the ocean. Everything about it. The smell. The steady rocking. The vastness. The mystery. If she had her way she would be a captain of her own ship some day. She had heard of female captains before, but sadly, they were all against the government, and as someone who was in royalty herself, even the notion of being a captain of her own ship has always been quickly stomped out. So instead, she lives in the motions with the rules and enjoys every chance she gets to sail on the ocean.

 Right now she was on her way to her future husband's estates. He didn't live more than a couple days on the sea away. Her parents, a Duke and Duchess from Sweden, thought that their relationship would turn more genuine if they were around each other. She was pretty sure they were just trying to stop feeling guilty for forcing two people to love each other.

 The lady knew who her husband was before all this. They had met previously at a ballad and quite enjoyed each others company. But if anything, their relationship had only been content friendship, rather than potential lovers as both of the parents would force. She was against the whole matter, and was pretty sure that he was as well, but their arguments fell on deaf ears it seemed. She was quickly surrounded by many people swarming her about the details of her wedding. It was maddening to her. 

 She took solace in this moment she was in. Standing on the deck of a ship, wind blowing through her knotted blonde hair, sun illuminating her porcelain features, making her at peace.

 "Everything will work out." Signe thought to herself. She closed her eyes, leaning against the railing, "Everything is fine right now, that's what matters."

 "MY LADY! GET DOWN!"

 Before Signe could react to what was happening or identify who said it, the entire ship violently shook and jerked to one side. Signe fell down onto the deck with a death grip on the railing. She turned around to see the commotion behind her. There was smoke coming from the side of the ship. Many of the crew were running around going for the cannons and yelling commands to each other. Perhaps the most terrifying sight however was the ship coming up from behind them. It was large and fast, coming up on their ship at a very fast rate. The sails had red swirls on them, the figure head on the front looked like a dragon from Asian origins, but the flag on top was most certainly the black Jolly Roger. It was pirates.

 Signe's view was blocked by one of the crew members running up to her, "My lady, you need to go below deck!" he said, pulling her up. He quickly pulled her past all the commotion going on. The pirates were still firing and her ship was firing back.

 The second they managed to get to the haul, the damage was already extreme. There was a gaping hole on the left side of the ship and plenty of people were injured. Signe would have stopped to try to help them but she was still being quickly pulled through it and was given no time to stop. She was brought to a small door. It was directly under the captains corridors, an error in the ship that served as a great hiding spot.

 "Please stay here, my Lady." The crew member said to her.

 Signe looked around the room, a very small four walls with no window. Just then another shot hit the side of the ship, the pirates were most definitely upon them. "What if the ship goes down? I'll be trapped in here!" Signe pleaded.

 The man looked very serious and cold, looking directly into Signe's eyes, "Trust me, my lady. Death by drowning is better than any fate a Pirate could have in store." With that, he shut the door, leaving Signe alone in the dark with just the sounds of the chaos outside.