Part 12: Memories

I walked around the room, piles of clothing and pictures around the room. Each category had three piles, donate, throw away, and keep. The donate was more of a donation to other gods and dads other kids to keep his memory alive among them.

The sun had set and I was finished. I went through each section again and picked out things that I didn't want anyone to touch. My fathers Ruler Ring, my mothers crown, my fathers journal, my old paintings. Stuff like that.

Lost in thought, I didn't notice when the door opened.

"Queen Maya?" A masculine voice caused me to jump. Turning, I looked at the man. He looked so similar to my father but I knew it wasn't him. It was Zeus.

"Lord Zeus. What a surprise." I sighed looking at him. Secretly, I hoped that he couldn't tell id been crying all day long.

"I have a question. Two actually, but one is very important. It's about my son, Lucas." My eyes went wide as I heard what he said.

Oh no. Things that Aphrodite did are coming back to bite me in the butt.

~~~~~~~~~~
Lucas' POV

Like I expected, Maya wasn't in classes today. I kinda hoped I would see her but I doubted it. Maybe she was in her room.

Walking up the stairs to the girls' room, I knocked on their door. My hand started to shake

"Who is it?" Riley's sweet voice called out to me. She was so nice, but she told us what she told Maya before. Maybe I was mad at her and at Maya. Maybe I wasn't

"Riley, it's Lucas. Lemme in." I told her, my head pounding. She opened the door and stuck her head out.

"Hey. Lucas, what's up?" She asked me, leading her into the room. I sat on Maya's bed, because it's the closet and very comfy.

"Do you know where Maya is?" I asked her while she was facing away from me. I could hear the brunette gulp. Riley quickly changed the subject.

"Do you want any hot cocoa? It's really good." She offered. I knew what she was doing but.... Come on! Her hot chocolate is legendary!

"Yeah sure. So where's-" she cut me off as she walked to her mini kitchen.

"Whipped cream?" Riley asked like it was the weirdest thing ever to want it.

"Yeah thanks." I answered her. "So where is-" again, she cut me off.

"Marshmellows or-" I finally cut her off. I needed to know where Maya was.

"Riley. Where's Maya?" I finished and she turned to me. Her face looked like she'd just seen a ghost.

"I don't know." I sighed at her answer. That wouldn't help me at all. "But she was here." My head snapped up.

"What? Why?" She looked at me sadly, like we were part of a soap opera.

"She was here after the meeting. She asked me to forgive her, but I told her I wouldn't. She was so upset. I asked her about what happened with her mom. She got angry. Before I could say anything, blue smoke surrounded her. When it cleared- when it cleared she was wearing something different. Something that the old Maya would wear. Lucas... The old Maya's  back."

--------
I sat on my fathers bed, Zeus next me. He was looking around the room, maybe imagining what it looked like when he was king. Maybe looking back on the memories. I was just uncomfortable and no one makes me uncomfortable.

"Listen, Maya, I love my son. Whether it seems like it or not-" I cut him off, about to say something that could get me in major trouble with him.

"Not." My voice wasn't shaky, it was the voice of a ruler. Zeus chuckled and looked back at me, his stormy grey eyes bearing into my soul. They had a touch of light in them. Funny. Even Zeus has light in his eyes. Why don't I?

"I do, Maya. Very much. Which is why you need to stay away from him." His voice was deadpanned and dark. I laughed to myself.

"Zeus... I was planning on leaving him alone. I know myself and I know that i'll only bring him pain. He deserves to be with a happy sunshine rainbow goddess of purple, not a goddess like me. I'd never make him happy." I looked to my lap. I know that the only reason Lucas and I liked each other was because of Aphrodite but I was upset about the truth.

The truth that Riley was the match for Lucas. Not me. Not this hot mess of a person. He deserves her.

"I don't care about your love triangle Maya." He sighed and looked at me. "As far as I care, there isn't one. You will not like him. You will not be friends with me." I already planned for that but hearing it made my heart hurt.

"I was planning on it. And just so you know, if you ever try to tell me what to do again, I will rip your head off." I spoke, only slightly joking.

"I know, hart. Don't be in here too long. Memories can be dangerous." He warned which was met with my scoff.

"Spoken like someone who cares."

"Well maybe I do." He stood up and walked out.

Zeus was right. Memories were dangerous. But they were also the only thing I had left of my dad. I need them.

--------
"Riley, what do you mean the old Maya's back?" Lucas' voice was filled with worry as memories crept into his mind.

Maya used to be so scary, so rebellious, so impulsive, so mysterious. She was fun to be around but she never was predictable. She was filled with trouble.

"She's back, Lucas. It's been a year. She's got some trouble in store for us. If I had just forgiven her, none of this would have happened." Riley got emotional. Lucas pulled the brunette into a hug.

"Riles, this wasn't your fault." Riley looked up at him and they closed the space between their lips.

"Well this is truly a surprise." A voice said from behind them.

Hi Guys I'm so sorry that I didn't update last week or the week before but I just had no inspiration. I'm sorry!! I love you all. Read the Broken Hart story because I like that story.